2 replies to this topic

#1 vintagewwtwo

vintagewwtwo

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

I recently installed FSX and the Saitek yolk and rudder pedals. I am new at this and am not
having very good luck at getting everything to work. A few questions:
1. What does the "reverse" column mean in the controller setup pages and what does it do.
2. The parking brake holds, when I release it, the foot pedal brakes are still on - the plane will move but takes way
too long to get up to speed. If I apply the foot brakes, they release and vice-versa???
3. In some of the planes, I can't get rid of the task bar (I have auto hide checked) and it covers
up some stuff.
4. I get good rudder travel on the ground but almost none in the air.
I have reinstalled all the stuff twice and have gone thru all the calibration routines - all the controls check out okay
but I have these problems when I go to fly.
If anyone can help me on this, it would be great. This sim looks like it has a lot of potential and will be great fun
if I can get it to work. Thanks.

#2 fireone

fireone

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationoztrlia

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Vintage , your post is a month old but if you haven't found the answers here are some:
Reverse column is so you can reverse the assignment of a function. For example , normally you push throttle forward for more power. If you tick the reverse column , pushing your throttle forward will result in less power.

For the brakes on your foot pedals try ticking the reverse box . It may be that at the moment you have your foot pedals configured so pushing on them release the brakes rather than the other way around. Also best to have only one assignment for one function.

So if your pedals control the brakes ,remove your keyboard assignments for the wheel brakes.

Which taskbar ? The windows one ?

When you move the rudder in the air does the turn and bank instrument show a change.? If yes rudder is working. The nose of the aircraft shouldn't shift too much.

#3 Wilco

Wilco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

I had a similar problem with my pedals, try this link http://support.madca...tall--fsx-setup
You need to adjust the null zones and sensitivity on controller setup.

Hope this helps.
www.flameoutvideo.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket