The simFlight Network Forums

Setup Lua Friction and Lua DynamicFriction ????

Hi Pete,

Lately I read a lot of things about Lua Friction and Lua DynamicFriction.

I want to use this for the PMDG 737NGX.

It is not completely clear to me how to set this up in Fsuicp!

I see this at the bottom of my Fscuicp ini file 4859m:

[LuaFiles]

1=Lua Friction

2=Lua DynamicFriction

Question: It is not clear to me the differce between Friction and DynamicFriction??

Let’s see if I got this right??

I either choose the Lua DynamicFriction or the other one the Lua Frictions to use for FSX not both!

Place Lua DynamicFriction file in Modules folder!

Assignment to button or keypress in the FSUIPC assignments options to activate the Lua DynamicFriction !!

I choose Lua DynamicFriction option to assign a button from the list I see to activate DynamicFriction in FSX.

I choose Lua Kill DynamicFriction option to assign a button from the list I see to deactivate DynamicFriction in FSX.

Or I use:

Place Lua Frictions file in Modules folder!

Assignment to button or keypress in the FSUIPC assignments options to activate the Lua Friction !!

I choose Lua Frictions option to assign a button from the list I see to activate Friction in FSX.

I choose Lua Kill Frictions option to assign a button from the list I see to deactivate Friction in FSX.

And

I do not have to use (0-255 according to parameter) settings for the above !!

And

I have to activate the file with keypress every time I startup FSX and deactivate the file when I quit FSX !!

Thanks!

Kind regards Robert

Question: It is not clear to me the differce between Friction and DynamicFriction??

Surely this was perfectly clear in the main AVSIM thread which started all this? And it is clear from the comment by the author near the beginning of the "Dynamic" one where it says:

-- Modded by Bob Scott to restrict wheel and brake reduced rolling friction effects to taxi speeds

I either choose the Lua DynamicFriction or the other one the Lua Frictions to use for FSX not both!

Doesn't matter much. If you run both the one run second will initially override the one run first as each resets the values to start with. However, then the dynamic one will take over as it runs continuously whilst the other one runs once and terminates.

Assignment to button or keypress in the FSUIPC assignments options to activate the Lua DynamicFriction !!

Well, if you want to activate it manually. Otherwise use the [Auto] facility to run it automatically.

I choose Lua DynamicFriction option to assign a button from the list I see to activate DynamicFriction in FSX.

I choose Lua Kill DynamicFriction option to assign a button from the list I see to deactivate DynamicFriction in FSX.

If you wish.

I do not have to use (0-255 according to parameter) settings for the above !!

Parameters are only relevant to those which use them.

I have to activate the file with keypress every time I startup FSX and deactivate the file when I quit FSX !!

If you want to control it manually as you seem to, from the above.

You'd really be better off checking the thread about all this in AVSIM's FSX forum.

Regards

Pete