8 replies to this topic

#1 kevstar

kevstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Hi Volker,

I have a strange problem and i could only find two topics on the whole internet about this one (dead end to both). So i'm stucked. Hope you can help!
I am running FSC on a network and when I want to save a flight it says; "Error in Writing FS10 plan".

FSX / FSUIPC / FSC 9.2.1 Build 28 July 2012 / O.S. Windows 7 64 bit / Airac cycle 1301

The flight plan was saved with selections made for FSC / FSX / IVAO / QW

I've uploaded two screenshots so you can see how I mapped my paths. FSX Flight Plans are mapped in X:\Power-pc\Users\Kevin\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Hopy you can help.

All the best,

Kevin

Attached Files

#2 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hi Kevin,
attempts to re-create the error. Close the FSCommander.
Send the complete folder /SUPPORT to my e-mail address.
These can be found on the HomePage www.fscommander.com .
Regards,
Volker

#3 kevstar

kevstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hi Volker,

You have mail!

Kevin

#4 Ericpak

Ericpak

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMETZ

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hi Volker, I have exactly the same strange problem than Kevin. When I want to save a flight it says; "Error in Writing FS10 plan".
Could you please tell me what I have to do to fix it. Thanks for your help. Best regards

#5 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi,
... as I have described above...
...attempts to re-create the error. Close the FSCommander.
Send the complete folder /SUPPORT to my e-mail address.
These can be found on the HomePage www.fscommander.com .
Regards,
Volker

#6 Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCYND Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport, Québec, Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hi Volker,

I'm experiencing the same issue and have sent the 'Support' folder.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

FSX / FSUIPC v4.9.0.0 / FSC v9.2.2 Build 15 March 2013 / Download version / Windows 7(64)

Server Computer (Home build) W7 64 Professional / Corsair Obsidian Series 650D / Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / i7-2700K (OC'd @ 4.7 Ghz) / Noctua NH-D14 / EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3072MB / Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB (2x4GB) / 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / NaturalPoint TrackIR5 / ASUS 27" monitor (2560x1440) / CH Yoke, CH Throttle, CH Pedals, Saitek X52 / BOSE Companion 3 Series II Multimedia Sound System.

Client Computer (Dell) W7 64 Ultimate / i7 965 / 2 x DELL UltraSharp 22" monitors used for operating a number of utilities such as FSC, AivlaSoft EFB, FS Global Real Weather among others.

#7 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

Hi Jean-Jacqes,
I have read this post until after the answer to your e-mail.
Regards,
Volker

#8 Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCYND Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport, Québec, Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hello to everyone,

With the help of Volker through exchanges of emails, my issue is now resolved.

This issue was caused by improperly setting up the network drive which permits FSC to file or access FSX flightplans to and from the 'Flight Simulator X Files' directory. I was mounting the network drive at the Flight Simulator X Files level (C:\Users\(my name)\My documents\Flight Simulator X Files) rather than one step up in the file structure (C:\Users\(my name)\My documents\) then selecting the 'Flight Simulator X Files' directory in the right column of the Paths tab of FSC's Save/Load Flight Plan window.

Many thanks Volker for your prompt assistance.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

FSX / FSUIPC v4.9.0.0 / FSC v9.2.2 Build 15 March 2013 / Download version / Windows 7(64)

Server Computer (Home build) W7 64 Professional / Corsair Obsidian Series 650D / Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / i7-2700K (OC'd @ 4.7 Ghz) / Noctua NH-D14 / EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3072MB / Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB (2x4GB) / 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / NaturalPoint TrackIR5 / ASUS 27" monitor (2560x1440) / CH Yoke, CH Throttle, CH Pedals, Saitek X52 / BOSE Companion 3 Series II Multimedia Sound System.

Client Computer (Dell) W7 64 Ultimate / i7 965 / 2 x DELL UltraSharp 22" monitors used for operating a number of utilities such as FSC, AivlaSoft EFB, FS Global Real Weather among others.

#9 ixman

ixman

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hello to everyone,

With the help of Volker through exchanges of emails, my issue is now resolved.

This issue was caused by improperly setting up the network drive which permits FSC to file or access FSX flightplans to and from the 'Flight Simulator X Files' directory. I was mounting the network drive at the Flight Simulator X Files level (C:\Users\(my name)\My documents\Flight Simulator X Files) rather than one step up in the file structure (C:\Users\(my name)\My documents\) then selecting the 'Flight Simulator X Files' directory in the right column of the Paths tab of FSC's Save/Load Flight Plan window.

Many thanks Volker for your prompt assistance.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

.... and don´t forget to look at this !!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!

Hi,
In your "ini" file the path "C: \ Users\Owner\Documents\" exists.
This path must be "C: \ Users\Owner\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
If this path is not accepted, then the file "Logbook.BIN" is missing in this path. (For whatever reason).
So you have to ensure that the file "Logbook.BIN" in this folder exists.
Volker

Everyone can do the FS-Flight Plans, written from FSC, to his own Sub-DIR. Open a new text-file with your editor. Let it empty and save it as "Logbook.BIN" and put it in this Sub-DIR "C: \ Users\Owner\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\FS_FlightPlan". After this tiny work, FSC accept now the new path too. Inside FS, if you will load your Flight Plan, FS jumps automatic into the \Flight Simulator X Files. Now select your new DIR and woala....

Sincerly
the nikolaus

Edited by ixman, 25 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket