The simFlight Network Forums

Enable Aero using FSUIPC

Hi Pete, I have attached below an article about FSX and Aero, Please can you advise me how to use FSUIPC as described in the article I have attached, using more of an explanation how to do this using FSUIPC, Do I just edit FSUIPC.ini, with the two lines as explained on the attachment for the "elegant solution using a registered version" and If I need to put anything in the FSX.exe,and how do I go about it. I have the latest version of FSUIPC 4,86. Many Thanks in advance. Dave

Hi Pete, I have attached below an article about FSX and Aero, Please can you advise me how to use FSUIPC as described in the article I have attached, using more of an explanation how to do this using FSUIPC, Do I just edit FSUIPC.ini, with the two lines as explained on the attachment for the "elegant solution using a registered version" and If I need to put anything in the FSX.exe,and how do I go about it. I have the latest version of FSUIPC 4,86. Many Thanks in advance. Dave

Sorry, but there was no attachment. Maybe you can cut and pate the relevant part? I really have no idea how to change a Windows display mode.

Regards

Pete

Ok thanks Pete,

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

First of all, my thanks go to Günter (guenseli) and Ryan (Tabs) for this.

Aero must be ENABLED before starting FSX for this tweak to work!

It is about vsync fix for users who fly windowed.

Now, in another thread, a tweak with half the refresh rate was posted for the users of full screen.

The good news is, there is something new for windowed users too:

While you won't be able to enjoy the smoothness of the half refresh rate FPS (60->30), you will be able to circumvent that stupid vsync behaviour in windowed mode where FSX is halving the FPS all the time. You can usually either get 60, then 30, then 20 then 15 I believe... if FPS drops below 30, it will drop to either 20 or 15.

FSX disables Aero upon start (does anyone know why), thus making vsync function like described above (at refresh dividers).

Now, if you restart the Desktop Windows Manager (dwm.exe, which then restarts the Aero after FSX has started), it will behave just like the standard full screen vsync. 30-29-28-27...

First of all, to enable vsync in windowed, put this into FSX.cfg:

[GRAPHICS]

ForceWindowedVsync=1

Now,

there are three ways to restart the DWM (Aero):

DO NOT use this option, as it apparently messes up the EZCA functionality. 2) and 3) is working fine.

2) create a batch file containing:

@echo off

start "" "E:\FSX\FSX.exe" (insert the link to your FSX.exe)

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

and run it. FSX is going to start, Aero is going to get started after FSX, and voila...

3) elegant solution, through FSUIPC (only works with registered version):

- create a batch file containing:

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

Set the FSUIPC to run the batch file automatically, edit the FSUIPC.ini and enter:

[Programs]

Run1=HIDE,"E:\FSX\FSX.bat" (insert the link to your FSX.exe)

This solution is going to do everything silently. No CMD popup windows, only visible Aero activation.

Important:

If you come over ANY sign of trouble, please post. I didn't have much time to test this out, but a little tests I did, looked quite promising.

Hopefully you can see this Pete, Thanks Dave

Hopefully you can see this Pete,

Well, only just. The font is rather small, isn't it? I've made it bigger in my response ...

I'm really not sure what the question you have might be, because the explanation here seems quite clear:

3) elegant solution, through FSUIPC (only works with registered version):

- create a batch file containing:

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

Set the FSUIPC to run the batch file automatically, edit the FSUIPC.ini and enter:

[Programs]

Run1=HIDE,"E:\FSX\FSX.bat" (insert the link to your FSX.exe)

Which part are you asking questions about? I don't think I can expand on that in any helpful way.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, How do I, "Set the FSUIPC to run the batch file automatically, edit the FSUIPC.ini and enter:". And do I insert the following into FSX.exe using notepad using notepad? Run1=HIDE,"E:\FSX\FSX.bat" (insert the link to your FSX.exe) I must appolagise for my lack of PC knowlage I am self taught, and lots still to learn, Many Thanks Dave

Hi Pete, How do I, "Set the FSUIPC to run the batch file automatically, edit the FSUIPC.ini and enter:".

You edit the INI file and add the text provided!!! What else?

And do I insert the following into FSX.exe using notepad using notepad? Run1=HIDE,"E:\FSX\FSX.bat" (insert the link to your FSX.exe)

You don't insert ANYTHING into FSX.EXE -- FSX.EXE is the FSX program! You use an editor, possibly Notepad, to edit FSUIPC4. INI and insert the text shown, simply replacing the "E:\FSX" part with the path to your FSX.EXE on your PC! It is assuming that you saved the Batch file called FSX.BAT to the FSX.EXE folder, that's all.

As far as I can see the original text is in plain English. It isn't computer technical talk. I assume your first language is not English but maybe Spanish? I can try to explain in a lot more words, in English still though. Sorry, I don't speak / write any other.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your reply," Yes I am English". However when I save the bat file to fsx it ends up in fsx above the fsx.exe file, when I tried to save it to fsx.exe I get a message asking me if I want to replace the fsx.exe, should I say yes to this, I am a little scared as this must be fsx application file and I dont want to mess everything up I have put Run1=HIDE,H:\FSX\FSX.bat into the FSUIPC ini file, H being the drive where FSX is on my PC. Again many thanks Pete, Dave.

I'll re-word a little differently.

Save the text created for the Bat file as:

FSX.BAT

into the same directory where FSX.exe is located.

Do NOT overwrite FSX.EXE. The file you are creating is a NEW FILE.

The original instructions are agreeably poorly worded probably assuming the reader has some basic tech savvy. As such, this may be a warning that if you have trouble understanding tech instructions, you may be doing something risky.

I cannot verify this proposed solution works or is advisable. You take all risk playing with this.

-Pv-