The simFlight Network Forums

PFCFSX Precision Flight Controls

Folks, I am new to the forum and am trying to use Cirrus PFC yoke, rudders, power and radio console (Used with Elite) with FSX. I purchased and downloaded FSUIPC4. I can't find PFC under controls, and seem to believe I need to download drivers for it, i.e. pfcfsx.dll. Not sure if I am correct, and where to find it. If someone can point me in the right direction, It'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Folks, I am new to the forum and am trying to use Cirrus PFC yoke, rudders, power and radio console (Used with Elite) with FSX. I purchased and downloaded FSUIPC4. I can't find PFC under controls, and seem to believe I need to download drivers for it, i.e. pfcfsx.dll. Not sure if I am correct, and where to find it. If someone can point me in the right direction, It'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'll answer here this time, but please use the Support forum next time. This subforum is the Download Links subforum, providing links to my files for download.

On that point, how come you are in "download Links" and didn't even see the PFC stuff listed in the Update Modules thread? Also the PFC drivers are prominently listed in the very same website where you must have obtained FSUIPC in the first place.

However, if your PFC equipment was in use with the Elite simulator, it may not be compatible with FS. You'd need to check with PFC. Elite uses a completely different protocol which is proprietary to them and which I've never been privy to.

Regards

Pete

• 4 years later...
23 minutes ago, B1900 Mech said:

Pete,do you know if you can make the PFC non USB Cirrus 2 work in 64 bit P3D?

What is the "non USB Cirrus 2"? Does it work with PFCFSX.DLL in FSX/P3D3? If so then it should be fine with the nearly-ready PFCcom64.dll.

Pete

• 3 years later...

Good Morning Mr. Dowson/Mr. B1900 Mech.

I need some assistance in my attempt to set up a Precision flight Controls Cirrus II package ( yoke/console S/N 23058, rudder pedals and Radio stack ) to operate with Prepar3D Version 2 and Windows 10.  If I can "prove the concept", then I plan to upgrade my hardware, and then upgrade my software to Prepar3d V5.

At the present time, my system appears to operate well with X-Plane, but I want the option to use P3D ( mostly due to P3D's ability to set up multiple displays, as I am attempting to set up the system to display the instrument panel on a 24" display, the outside environment projected onto a wall and a third display to monitor flight progress. ).

The problem is that I have been unable to make P3D recognize and respond to my PFC Cirrus II control package.

I have been searching through various forums, but have been unable to see a clear solution ( which I am certain must exist somewhere,.... )

Can you offer any suggestions as to what I may have overlooked, and/or which patches I require?

Best Regards,..... Barry Sloane

Additional information:  In the 2011 time period, I was operating well while using Saitek controls and FSUIPC installed.

Hi,

if you want to use P3Dv5 you will need a registered version of FSUIPC6. Depending of your PFC Cirrus device, old COMport or newer HID (USB) version you need to place as well the related PFCcom64.dll OR the PFChid64.dll within the FSUIPC6 location.

FSUIPC needs this additional DLL to communicate direct with The PFC hardware. All should work out of the box. The links are below. Use only the correct PFC DLL but not both.

FOR Prepar3D 4 & 5 (64-bit)

Install complete FSUIPC version 6.0.10: Install FSUIPC6
This is the 64-bit version and is valid for Prepar3D version 4
from 4.3, and version 5.

PFCFSX driver for FSX, FSX-SE and P3D, and
PFCcom64 driver for P3D versions 4 & 5 and MSFS (FS2020)

PFCFSX+PFCcom64
-- minor updates for FSX
-- 64-bit version for use with P3D 4 & 5 included
-- Now updated to operate with FSUIPC7 as well.

PFC HID device driver for FS9, FSX, FSX-SE and P3D PFCHID
includes PFChid.DLL for 32-bit sims, and PFChid64.dll for P3D4 , P3D5 and MSFS (FS2020)

FOR FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.975a Install FSUIPC4.975a for FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D versions 2.5, 3.0 - 3.4 (32-bit only: all versions to date of release)
Changes since 4.96 are now included in the History document in the FSUIPC Documents folder supplemented by the Changes document in the ZIP.

This version supports the FSX-SE Beta build 63003, but with restricted operation. Please see the IMPORTANT notes for FSX-SE users included in the ZIP.

Version 4.975a allows the SimConnect.DLL in the FSX folder to be used if it is installed there by the latest non-beta installer (version 62615). That location appears to be the new alternative to using the troublesome WinSxS methods.

Thomas

Edit:

if you want to use P3Dv5 you will need a registered version of FSUIPC6. 

for built-in functions in any PFC...dll module you will not need a registration key, as John pointed out.

Edited by Thomas Richter

17 hours ago, Barry Sloane said:

to operate with Prepar3D Version 2 and Windows 10

You can try FSUIPC4 for P3Dv2. I don't think you need the registered version (if you don't already have a license) to use with the PFC drivers, so you can try without first. For FSUIPC4, you will need to use the 32-bit version of the PFC driver, not the 64-but version.

John