The simFlight Network Forums

Update installation problem

I have just upgraded to 4.86 and "Create Mouse Macros" has disappeared from the dialog box.

There's no way it can just disappear --and it hasn't been changed ever since first added, But it will not be shown if mouse trapping is not possible. Check your FSUIPC4.LOG file. Is there a message like

WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!

If so there is something wrong with your FS installation. Masybe you are using the original RTM version of FSX, in which case you don't get Mouse Macro support. You need at least SP1 and ideally SP2 or Acceleration. The other possibility is that your API.DLL is corrupted.

Otherwise, if you see no such message, then perhaps you are looking in the wrong place? Tell me more -- the button is labelled "Create Mouse Macro". On the Buttons & Switches tab it is bottom left, on the Key Presses tab it is top right.

Note also that the latrest interim update, available in the Download Links subforum, is 4.866.

Pete

THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH PETE!

I had installed FSX Gold - and did not worry about the Acceleration disc.

I just installed Acceleration and ...

Now "Create Mouse Macros" is back and everything goes.

You do a great job Pete, thanks