The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 getting (null) when pressing a letter key

When I go into FSUIPC4 and try and set a key press I get "(null)" coming up instead of the letter. For instance if I press CTRL-SHFT-Z it comes up as CTRL-SHFT-(null) and will not work.

I am running windows 7, FSX and FSUIPC version 4.853 (registered)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you...............Captsteff

When I go into FSUIPC4 and try and set a key press I get "(null)" coming up instead of the letter. For instance if I press CTRL-SHFT-Z it comes up as CTRL-SHFT-(null) and will not work.

I am running windows 7, FSX and FSUIPC version 4.853 (registered)

That used to happen occasionally, and was always okay on 2nd or 3rd try, but was fixed a while ago. Your 4.853 is actually out of date and unsupported. Always look for updates when you find a problem. The current earliest release available is 4.86 (install that first), and there's a later one in Download Links (4.869).

Regards

Pete

Press CTRL SHIFT Z then let go of all three keys and then if you see Null press the Z again on its own and it will work fine then. I've no idea why NULL comes up once in a blue moon but doing the above with the none modifier key seems to bypass the issue and still register the correct total number of keys pressed.