Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottW001

Traffic suddenly gone

7 posts in this topic

All my traffic has suddenly disappeared. I've been having a DirectX 10 issue. Every time I uncheck the DX10 preview the screen goes black. I still get the menu and can set up a flight, but when I hit "Fly Now" all I get is a black screen. Even the preview is black. It comes back if I reinstate the DX10 preview. But I've tried a few things to see if they would help . Could that have caused my airports to go quiet?

Scott

Not really, unless it looks that something in your operating system of FSX is heavily broken, so as long as not all functions of FSX work properly I would not wonder about addons which require FSX to work.

I've solved the problem with FSX presenting a black screen. I reinstalled the Acceleration package on advice from another forum and that did the trick. But my traffic is still absent. I will try a reinstall and see if that helps.

So I've done a complete repair/reinstall of MyTraffic, rebuilt the database, and still have not a single aircraft in any airport. The ground and water traffic are present, but nothing in any of the airports. I have my ai level at 100%. Any suggestions?

Well that was easy. Step 1 did it. I don't know what caused "simobjectPaths.n= MyTraffic\aircraft" to disappear from the config file, but as soon as I put it back I suddenly had a very busy airport. Thanks for they help.

Thanks! I know why I wrote that checklist :) Most likely installation of another addon or the deathly repair function of FSX or an NTFS disk error or...