The simFlight Network Forums

key assignment not works

Hello,

I've a problem in key assignment function.

I can't assign any function to key "<" because when I press this key in the settings panel, fsuipc ignores it.

Is it not possible to use the "<" key?

Thanks, bye

Marco

I can't assign any function to key "<" because when I press this key in the settings panel, fsuipc ignores it.

Is it not possible to use the "<" key?

It works okay here. What version of FSUIPC are you using (in fact what version of FS?).

FSUIPC makes no distinction between any of the normal keys. '<' is not special, though on my keyboard it is really the ',<' key, with ',' being the normal use.

Perhaps there's another program which is using it ahead of FSUIPC, so that FSUIPC doesn't see it? Or maybe you already used it in the Hot Keys tab?

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Yesterday I installed the latest version of fsuipc but I got the same problem.

I'm using FSX Gold Edition.

This evening I'll check hot keys tab and let you know.

Thanks again,

Regards

Marco

It works okay here. What version of FSUIPC are you using (in fact what version of FS?).

FSUIPC makes no distinction between any of the normal keys. '<' is not special, though on my keyboard it is really the ',<' key, with ',' being the normal use.

Perhaps there's another program which is using it ahead of FSUIPC, so that FSUIPC doesn't see it? Or maybe you already used it in the Hot Keys tab?

Regards

Pete

Yesterday I installed the latest version of fsuipc but I got the same problem.

Please never just say "latestversion" as it means little -- folks have said that when in fact they'd somehow found and installed a year old version! There's always a version NUMBER, and that's the only definite way to say which version -- it is easy enough to find, On screen, in the DLL properties, in the Logs, in the documentation.

This evening I'll check hot keys tab and let you know.

What about oher add-ons which might be using the key? And why are you identifying it as the '<' key not the ',' key? are you sure it works?

Pete

Please never just say "latestversion" as it means little -- folks have said that when in fact they'd somehow found and installed a year old version! There's always a version NUMBER, and that's the only definite way to say which version -- it is easy enough to find, On screen, in the DLL properties, in the Logs, in the documentation.

FSUIPC version number 4.86

What about oher add-ons which might be using the key? And why are you identifying it as the '<' key not the ',' key? are you sure it works?

I have no addons. The "not working" key is the one with < and > (I have Italian keyboard)...in the left corner between "left shift" key and "Z" key.

I have no Hot Keys set. The strange thing is that if I try to use the "<" key in the standard control settings in FSX, it works. But in FSUIPC it doesn't.

I have no addons. The "not working" key is the one with < and > (I have Italian keyboard)...in the left corner between "left shift" key and "Z" key.

On the UK keyboard that's the \| key. Assuming it gives the same Windows key code then FSUIPC must see it. In fact I think FSUIPC handles all known graphic keycodes -- see the list in the documentation.

I have no Hot Keys set. The strange thing is that if I try to use the "<" key in the standard control settings in FSX, it works. But in FSUIPC it doesn't.

Go to http://whatthekeycode.com/ and press the key. Here the key in that position is 220. That works here, but of course is displayed as "\| key". See what number yours is.

I cannot imagine it is a keycode not covered by FSUIPC's list, so I am pretty sure something else is capturing it first. Tell me the number.

Regards

Pete

Go to http://whatthekeycode.com/ and press the key. Here the key in that position is 220. That works here, but of course is displayed as "\| key". See what number yours is.

I cannot imagine it is a keycode not covered by FSUIPC's list, so I am pretty sure something else is capturing it first. Tell me the number.

The key code is 226

The key code is 226

Aha! That explains it. As you'll notice from the keycode list in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide about page 15), 226 is not (was not) a normal key -- certainly not one I knew anythng about as a 'graphic' key.

I've now obtained an updated list and find these extra keys defined since FSUIPC was first written (1999):

VK_OEM_AX 0xE1 // 'AX' key on Japanese AX kbd 225

VK_OEM_102 0xE2 // "<>" or "\|" on RT 102-key kbd. 226

VK_ICO_HELP 0xE3 // Help key on ICO 227

VK_ICO_00 0xE4 // 00 key on ICO 228

I'll add these in an update for FSUIPC4. It'll be next week, though. I'm tied up now till monday.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I've now obtained an updated list and find these extra keys defined since FSUIPC was first written (1999):

VK_OEM_AX 0xE1 // 'AX' key on Japanese AX kbd 225

VK_OEM_102 0xE2 // "<>" or "\|" on RT 102-key kbd. 226

VK_ICO_HELP 0xE3 // Help key on ICO 227

VK_ICO_00 0xE4 // 00 key on ICO 228

I'll add these in an update for FSUIPC4. It'll be next week, though. I'm tied up now till monday.

I've not forgotten you. Things caught up with me, but I'm aiming to make new releases on Sunday, or Monday latest.

Pete

FSUIPC 3.999z1 and 4.88 versions, now available in Download Links, have this fix included.

Thank you very much Pete, this update solved my problem...now my Right IGN Button works as expected :)

Thanks again and best regards