Photo

"Please expedite your turn to heading so and so.." ...What??!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Morten

Morten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

After hours of planning and then finally up in the sky with FSCommander successfully active, suddenly, half into the flight, ATC says: "Please expedite your turn to heading so and so.." which is a completely wrong course according to the loaded FSCommander flight plan. Usually 90 degrees or so away from the flight plan.
ATC will then repeat this nonsense again, again through the whole flight until I reach my destination.

This happens about every 5'th time or so, when I fly along a successfully created and loaded FSCommander flight plan.
Can anybody please tell me what the heck is going on and how I can prevent this incident which completely spoils my IFR Flights?!

#2 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi,
it is common knowledge that the FS X ATC can not handle imported and complex flight plans.
FS X knows neither currently valid navigation aids, still current SID's, STAR's, Transitions and airways.
This is a FS X characteristic and can not be corrected by the FSCommander flight plans.
Volker

#3 Morten

Morten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Okay Volker, thanks for answering anyway.
Hmmm.....If one just could figure out exactly when FSX can't cope with the flight plan data and if you then could get a warning.

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

One quick question, Morton... After saving your flightplan in FSX format, then pressing load into the sim's flight planner, what are you pressing next?

I regularly use routes that FSX shouldn't recognise, as programmed by a combination of FSC and/or other sources, without any problems. I have heard, however, of numerous occasions where people are loading a route, then actually creating a new one in the sim rather than using the one they have loaded, which will cause exactly the problem you describe.

The other answer is that you actually can update the internal navdata. A quick Google search turned up this thread: http://forums.boston....php?f=3&t=2814 which has some links. Please note, however, that I have not tried those links myself... yet. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.
Posted Image

#5 Morten

Morten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

One quick question, Morton... After saving your flightplan in FSX format, then pressing load into the sim's flight planner, what are you pressing next?

I simply Import the exact same flight plan into the CS 767-300 FMS and leave it there with no editing.

The other answer is that you actually can update the internal navdata. A quick Google search turned up this thread: http://forums.boston....php?f=3&t=2814 which has some links. Please note, however, that I have not tried those links myself... yet. ;)

As a matter of fact I'm already a customer at Navigraph where I use to buy Navigraph cycles - a package for both FSX, CS FMS and FSC9.
Just haven't renewed cycles for 6 month or so. Actually I'm a little confused there, because I really can't see why still continuing renewing cycle versions should be necessary as long as FSX, CS FMS and FSC9 are on the same cycle version level!

......Woouups!...I just checked my latest Navigraph cycle package and realize that this version is in fact older than the FSC9 221/222 update..!! No good!
So perhaps this is why ATC go bananas and tend to screw up my plans lately...?! I will emidately renew my cycle version and hopefully errors will disappear!

Thanks for the link - By all means some very useful facts there!

#6 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I think you misunderstand, Morten - neither the CS database, nor that of FSCommander - has any relation to what the FS ATC sees. If you file an IFR plan in FSX, it is using a database from 2005, massive amounts of which are now out of date.

In order for FSX ATC to be giving you vectors, you must:

i) have filed an IFR flight plan inside FSX and
ii) be off course on that flightplan.

Given the huge differences between the 2005 database inside FSX and the 2013 database in FSC/CS, there will be significant differences which will cause you to be off plan, as Volker says. Navigraph does not provide updates to the internal FSX database, only add-ons.

Ian P.
Posted Image

#7 Morten

Morten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

i) have filed an IFR flight plan inside FSX and
ii) be off course on that flightplan.

Ha, ha.. yes of course man! I'm not that far out - just fighting with ATC once in a while :-)

Given the huge differences between the 2005 database inside FSX and the 2013 database in FSC/CS, there will be significant differences which will cause you to be off plan, as Volker says. Navigraph does not provide updates to the internal FSX database, only add-ons.

No, so that's what I learned in school today! :-) However, thanks to your amazing link my 2005 database will now be updated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket