8 replies to this topic

#1 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi Guys can I seek some advice
trying to download this amazing product for use with fs2004 fs9 each time get a message 'source of this program can not be trusted and therefore download may not be completed' I have tried numerous times but cannot get it.
Can I also ask a silly question, as there is no manual and I have disabled all the aerial photographs in my scenery library, how can I tell if I have actually got this on my system, other than doing a long flight and looking at possible scenery enhancements? is there any other addition to the fs2004 that shows it has been downloaded to my system, recently I successfully downloaded another scenery after receiving the same message, so i'm a little confused and I really want to get this scenery pack which looks clearly the best on the market.
Any advice most appreciated !

Many Thanks
Richard (Nagoya)

#2 Ruud Faber

Ruud Faber

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 711 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

sorry to hear this. It's not a known FScene issue, but i'll try to help you out.

Please let me know by private message:
- your name
- the exact FScene title you bought
- the store and order #
- The flight simulator version (FS9/FSX/P3D)

ruud

#3 Constantine

Constantine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hello Rudd thank you so much for your reply!
Firstly, my computer (Windows 7) rejected the FScene program stating " source of program unreliable, so download may not be completed successfully" then I used a different hardware (Windows Vista) to download on to a memory stick then transferred it to my Windows 7 where my FS2004 is situated, this time it seemed to download successfully without any error messages appearing,
It therefore appears that downloading may not be the problem, but installation, so now when installation was performed from the desktop folder it was okay, however I can see nothing on my FS2004 simulator to indicate the FScene package has been added, please could you tell me when I go into my FS2004 if there is any additional prompt to show it has been added, or is it merely the appearance of enhanced scenery, my scenery has not been enhanced so far, and please could you tell me where I can find the new added file in my simulator?
I'm sorry for the long-winded explanation, but thank you for your kind support, My simulator is FS2004 Fs9.

Name: Richard Coombs
Product: FScene-4X Total Pack FsxFs2004
Order ID 1005339
PID 2658
Order Date: 18-05-2013
Supplier: Simmarket

Thank You
Richard (Nagoya)

#4 Ruud Faber

Ruud Faber

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 711 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hi Richard,

your explanation is clear, but i still don't understand why you see no difference in scenery.

( btw there's no indicator in the flight simulator to see if FScene has been installed).

Could it be that you accidentally ran the FScene installer for FSX ?

ruud

#5 paulwayne

paulwayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWayne, NJ

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hello Rudd thank you so much for your reply!
Firstly, my computer (Windows 7) rejected the FScene program stating " source of program unreliable, so download may not be completed successfully" then I used a different hardware (Windows Vista) to download on to a memory stick then transferred it to my Windows 7 where my FS2004 is situated, this time it seemed to download successfully without any error messages appearing,
It therefore appears that downloading may not be the problem, but installation, so now when installation was performed from the desktop folder it was okay, however I can see nothing on my FS2004 simulator to indicate the FScene package has been added, please could you tell me when I go into my FS2004 if there is any additional prompt to show it has been added, or is it merely the appearance of enhanced scenery, my scenery has not been enhanced so far, and please could you tell me where I can find the new added file in my simulator?
I'm sorry for the long-winded explanation, but thank you for your kind support, My simulator is FS2004 Fs9.

Name: Richard Coombs
Product: FScene-4X Total Pack FsxFs2004
Order ID 1005339
PID 2658
Order Date: 18-05-2013
Supplier: Simmarket

Thank You
Richard (Nagoya)

Richard, Hi. Can you help me please. I have a similar issue:

I purchased FScene4X Total Pack from www.FSPilotShop.com on 9/13/2013. My order number is: 510316.

I compared the files before and after installation of FScene4X for FSX in the world/textures folder in the programs X86 folder, and all the bitmap files .BMP are exactly the same. The same file name and dates. This leads me to think FScene did not load correctly. The only difference is the grass color and texture.
How can I verify if the program loaded correctly?

I installed the 4 application programs from the installed folder for FSX. Should I have only installed the main program?

I have a HP Envy h8-1520t high performance PC with Windows-8 Standard OS, Intel 3770 processor @ 3.4 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 7570 graphics card with 2 GB video RAM, 23 inch monitor @ 1920 X 1080 resolution. I am using FSUIPC4, FSPS BOOSTER 2013, Simple Flight add on missions and JF add on missions.

Can you please help me to install FScene4X for FSX correctly. This is a great program and would appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Paul Ferrughelli (pferrughelli@hotmail.com)

#6 paulwayne

paulwayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWayne, NJ

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dear FScene Total Pack Forum. Can you please help me, I have a similar issue:

I purchased FScene4X Total Pack from www.FSPilotShop.com on 9/13/2013. My order number is: 510316.

I compared the files before and after installation of FScene4X for FSX in the world/textures folder in the programs X86 folder, and all the bitmap files .BMP are exactly the same. The same file name and dates. This leads me to think FScene did not load correctly. The only difference is the grass color and texture.

How can I verify if the program loaded correctly?

I installed the 4 application programs from the installed folder for FSX. Should I have only installed the main program?

I have a HP Envy h8-1520t high performance PC with Windows-8 Standard OS, Intel 3770 processor @ 3.4 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, Radeon HD 7570 graphics card with 2 GB video RAM, 23 inch monitor @ 1920 X 1080 resolution. I am using FSUIPC4, FSPS BOOSTER 2013, Simple Flight add on missions and JF add on missions.

Can you please help me to install FScene4X for FSX correctly. This is a great program and would appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Paul Ferrughelli (pferrughelli@hotmail.com)

#7 Ruud Faber

Ruud Faber

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 711 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi,

i'm somewhat confused. I to-day bought the TotalPack from FSPilotshop to

be sure we talk about the same version.

The installers work perfectly here on WinXP/Win7/Win8.

1. did you fly and try to see differences in the ground-scenery?

2. did you perform a normal install of the FSX flight Simulator, or did you

maybe install into a folder selected by yourself?

I wish i could help you out!

3.Please have a look in folder ..:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Check if you find a great lot (over 4000) of *.bmp files there.

Let me know here, could help others!

ruud

#8 paulwayne

paulwayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWayne, NJ

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi,

i'm somewhat confused. I to-day bought the TotalPack from FSPilotshop to

be sure we talk about the same version.

The installers work perfectly here on WinXP/Win7/Win8.

1. did you fly and try to see differences in the ground-scenery?

2. did you perform a normal install of the FSX flight Simulator, or did you

maybe install into a folder selected by yourself?

I wish i could help you out!

3.Please have a look in folder ..:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Check if you find a great lot (over 4000) of *.bmp files there.

Let me know here, could help others!

ruud

Dear Rudd,  Hi.

1. Yes, I did fly to see the differences in the ground scenery at the airports. The only differences are the airports ground scenery the grass texture is different and color. I cannot see any other ground scenery differences in flight.

2. I performed a normal installation of FSC in the program files (X86) folder with no problems encountered.

3. I checked the program files (X86)>Microsoft Games>MSFSX>Scenery>World>Texture folder. There are 9,288 .bmp files in that folder all dated 5/12/2006. The Texture folder is dated 10/13/2013/ the date I installed FScene4X Total Pack. Also, the MSFSX>Scenery folder is dated 10/13/2013 the date I installed FScene4X Total Pack.

Are there any special settings I should use in my Settings screens? 

Should I reinstall just the FScene4C Total Pack application or all 4 Application programs?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Paul F.

#9 Ruud Faber

Ruud Faber

Advanced Member

• FScene Mods
  • 711 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

just run the Totalpack application.

Have fun,

ruud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket