The simFlight Network Forums

HELP USING WIDEFS AND XPWIDEFS

hello, can you help me , any idea of this problem???

Hello, we need your help… we want make a SLOW migrate from FSX to X-plane… we have a professional sim (for home use) a real 737-800, the problem is that we need start aleatory fsx or xplane , and in the clients, we have widefs, and your xpwideclient…

why??? we have an automatic start of all computers (4 computers) the problem is… that if widefs and xpwideclient CAN NOT WORK TOGETHER….. maybe can you help with this????? the problem is that we can not change in manual from widefs to xpwideclient every time we want start different sim because it is a lo of work in 3 computers that have the screen in the cockpit….

sorry for my english , i don't know if you can understandme clear and what i want to say…

why widefs and xpwideclient can NOT run together ? the normal is that if start fsx it use widefs and ignore xpwideclient , and if i start xplane it use xpwideclient and ignore widefs,,,

if we have to contibuit with a donation please tell me….. but really we need you help for resolve this incompatibly with widefs and xpwideclient running at the same time…

we really need make a slow transition and use both,, and with this problem,, it is impossible for use use X-plane to make first tests….

thanks for your help…

this is our flight sim……

https://es-es.facebo...218673448198931

regards

from suport of xuipc they say:

Hi Juan,

wide WideClient and XPWideclient will not work at the same time. The reason is that the IPC communication is only possible to one client, so the IPC app decides on which it will connect... there is nothing there I can do....

One solution could be that you have two configs with a batch file that you can start for FSX or X-Plane... Do you have Teamviewer on your 4 PC ? Then you can control 3 PCs from one master PC and change the config there....

Sorry

Torsten

PETER DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA???? CAN HELP ME WITH THIS?

THANKS

but really we need you help for resolve this incompatibly with widefs and xpwideclient running at the same time…

They can run together if the "ClassInstance" parameter is used in the WideClient.INI file to change the name of the Window Class being used.

Then all you need to do is change all the programs which want to use it to use the new Window Class.

from suport of xuipc they say:

Yes, and this is quite correct --

The reason is that the IPC communication is only possible to one client, so the IPC app decides on which it will connect... there is nothing there I can do....

The only possible ways around it are to run a batch file to switch between one and the other, as Torsten suggested, or revise the Apps you are using to link to both, with the Window class in Wideclient changed as I mentioned above.

Think of it logically. If two programs are offering exactly the same service, joined in exactly the same way, how can it be decided? The Applications you are using would have to be changed. there's no other possibility whatsoever. If you wrote them then you should have no problem.

Pete