The simFlight Network Forums

Enable Controller checkbox disable permanently

Hi guys,

Tried AVSIM with no luck. Does anyone here know how to ensure that the Enable Controller checkbox in the FSX menu is disabled (unchecked) and stays that way. I am finding that it is enabled randomly and I have to remember to uncheck it every time I load FSX otherwise it causes issues with my FSUIPC setup.

Is there a CFG tweak or something I can use? Anything?

Hi guys,

Tried AVSIM with no luck. Does anyone here know how to ensure that the Enable Controller checkbox in the FSX menu is disabled (unchecked) and stays that way. I am finding that it is enabled randomly and I have to remember to uncheck it every time I load FSX otherwise it causes issues with my FSUIPC setup.

Is there a CFG tweak or something I can use? Anything?

I've never heard of it becoming re-enabled by itself. I think it is morte likely that your FSX.CFG file isn't being updated when you close FSX. Perhaps FSX isn't closing correctly, but crashing instead?

Take a look in your FSX.CFG file. In the section called [CONTROLS] you should have

JOYSTICKS=0

If not just set it that way.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Ordinarily I would have thought the same thing. Nevertheless sometimes when loading FSX the checkbox would be unchecked from last time, yet another time I would load FSX and it would be Enabled.

The JOYSTICKS=0 wasn't there but I have added it as that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.. I'll report back whether the problem persists.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to report back.  Adding JOYSTICKS=0 doesn't appear to have worked. It would appear that whenever the controller configuration on the system changes (say I unplug a throttle to use the USB port or something) the next time I load up FSX, the controllers are enabled again.

Just to report back.  Adding JOYSTICKS=0 doesn't appear to have worked. It would appear that whenever the controller configuration on the system changes (say I unplug a throttle to use the USB port or something) the next time I load up FSX, the controllers are enabled again.

Greg

That's normal.  FS thinks it's a new device and enables the controls.  I have mine disabled and it's never been re-enabled.  Have you set your joystick numbering so that FS "remembers" them and doesn't think they are new devices?  Look at page 27 in the User Guide for information.

Alan