The simFlight Network Forums

DLL Error

This is what is in that SimConnect file...

(This is only a tiny bit of what is in there...

‰PNG

That surely cannot be the SimConnect.INI file you have created and saved!!! That is some binary file -- a graphics PNG file, like the picture you posted, by the look of it.

This is going to take weeks at this rate!

Start again, create a proper SimConnect.INI file as instructed in the FAQ thread  I told you to go to, and make sure you put in the actual path to FSX rather than type literally "path to FSX". So far you don't seem to have done that simple thing. :-(

Pete

Start again, create a proper SimConnect.INI file as instructed in the FAQ thread  I told you to go to, and make sure you put in the actual path to FSX rather than type literally "path to FSX". So far you don't seem to have done that simple thing. :sad:

Pete

This is what I have put into the Simconnect.ini in my Flight Simulator X Files...

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=No

file= C:\Local Disk\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

I have changed this...

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Disabled>True</Disabled>....From "False" to "True" and I no longer get the FSUIPC.dll error popping up at start up to FSX.
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

That surely cannot be the SimConnect.INI file you have created and saved!!! That is some binary file -- a graphics PNG file, like the picture you posted, by the look of it.

This is going to take weeks at this rate!

Start again, create a proper SimConnect.INI file as instructed in the FAQ thread  I told you to go to, and make sure you put in the actual path to FSX rather than type literally "path to FSX". So far you don't seem to have done that simple thing. :sad:

Pete

Hi Pete, I think I may have fixed the problem once and for all.

I took a look back at a few posts related to this issue, (This one: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74451-sim-crashes-after-running-for-a-short-time/page-2

I read that this guy uninstalled/got rid of his Razer Nostromo Keypad from his computer. I also have a Razer Nostromo Keypad, I have uninstalled it, went into FSX to see if the results were positive. I did get the DLL error but I clicked on "Yes" and FSX loaded up. I re-booted FSX to see if the DLL error would pop-up once again, and it hasn't. FSUIPC is in the top menu bar while in FSX and seems to be working fine.

Could it be that these two programs are conflicting with each other, and causing such an error?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

file= C:\Local Disk\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log.

What's that "Local Disk" part? Surely you don't have your Program files folder in a folder called "Local Disk" on your C: drive? The original log you posted showed FS as being in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

so why have you insertred that "Local Disk" part?

I have changed this...

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>....From "False" to "True" and I no longer get the FSUIPC.dll error popping up at start up to FSX.

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Well of course. Why not simply delete FSUIPC altogether? You'd get the same result!

I read that this guy uninstalled/got rid of his Razer Nostromo Keypad from his computer. I also have a Razer Nostromo Keypad, I have uninstalled it, went into FSX to see if the results were positive. I did get the DLL error but I clicked on "Yes" and FSX loaded up. I re-booted FSX to see if the DLL error would pop-up once again, and it hasn't. FSUIPC is in the top menu bar while in FSX and seems to be working fine.

Could it be that these two programs are conflicting with each other, and causing such an error?

Is "Razer Nostromo Keypad" a program, or a device? If it is a device, and has a bad driver, I suppose there is a possibility of it causing a hang in DirectInput when FSUIPC scans devices.

I checked the link you provide. The Razer Nostromo Keypad driver appears to insert a bad Registry entry, which caused 4.90 problems when it scanned. This was fixed in version 4.902. We are now up to version 4.907. Perhaps you'd like to install that? It's only a matter of downloading the small Zip file from Download Links subforum and copying the DLL into your Modules folder.

Pete

This was fixed in version 4.902. We are now up to version 4.907. Perhaps you'd like to install that? It's only a matter of downloading the small Zip file from Download Links subforum and copying the DLL into your Modules folder.

Thanks for letting me know.