The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC to find IOcards switches in "button and switches"

I use FSX and PMDG 737NGX. I can read the state of the aircraft items using the "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX", but it is read-only, so I can't set any switches.

I been told I can use the "SDK control codes" http://www.blueskies737.com/737ngx-control-codes/

and enter them in FSUIPC. It works with assigning them to a joystick button, but I would like to assign them to a IOcards button instead. Is that possible?

I also tried to take the base offset 69632 and added it with 104, but SIOC didn't compile, because 69736 is a too high number.

Var 9003, name seatbelt, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset 69736, Length 1

I use FSX and PMDG 737NGX. I can read the state of the aircraft items using the "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX", but it is read-only, so I can't set any switches.

This is how PMDG implemented it. You have to send it controls ("events") to do things.

It works with assigning them to a joystick button, but I would like to assign them to a IOcards button instead. Is that possible?

I also tried to take the base offset 69632 and added it with 104, but SIOC didn't compile, because 69736 is a too high number.

Var 9003, name seatbelt, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset 69736, Length 1

You are confusing "Offset" and "Control". Controls are numbers sent to FS. Offsets are places in memory. NEVER mix the two, they are not the same in any way! FSUIPC offsets are 0-FFFF (0-65535 in decimal). Controls can be almost any number.

If your "SIOC" device can only handle offsets you will have to make it set or toggle Virtual Button bits: see offsets 3340 and following. There are 288 bits available, allowing for up to 288 buttons. Then you can assign those buttons to controls in the normal way.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, it clears up a bit now. But how do I know "If your "SIOC" device can only handle offsets" or not? 

The cards are IOcards and I have made the scripts myself (for iFLY). Can SIOC compile "controls"?

No idea, sorry. You need a SIOC support forum. I've never used SIOC and know nothing about it. Is there documentation with it?

I've always used Leo Bodnar's boards which are really easy to use as for inputs they emulate joystick buttons and axes which can be assigned directly.

Regards

Pete

I just got it working! Are there any way to edit settings like "buttons and switches" in a text editor?

All of FSUIPC's settings are stored in a Text file called FSUIPC.INI or FSUIPC4.INI.  The format of the Buttons section entries is fully documented in the Advanced User's guide.

Pete