The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3 corrupts FSUIPC 4

Hello everyone.

I have installed FSX with FSUIPC 4 registered and I flight with no problem, but I wanted to fly the PMDG MD-11 that I have to FS2004 so I have to have installed FS2004. So far no problem, but once I have finished installing (FS Global, Flight Environment, etc.) ... I installed FSUIPC 3. Okay, I have the two simulators and I can fly both, so I was going to make a VFR with the Cessna 152 in FSX and ...

- From menu (I am talking about FSX) the option Add-ons has disappeared (where is FSUIPC, SquawkBox, IvAp, etc ...) and joystick not responding (in the Modules folder FSUIPC was still apparently without any problem).

- I have searched the net a bit and I found that this problem (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68196-fsuipc-disappears/) is already known, and there is a man who solved it by reinstalling FSUIPC 4 (http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/8045-missing-addon-menu/).

- I have reinstalled FSUIPC 4 and Add-ons reappears me on the menu, but I have not IvAp and the joystick does not respond to the values ​​they had before, and will not let me assign or modify new axis, so to all intents and purposes my FSUIPC 4 works like an unregistered version.

- I have reinstalled IvAp and it works fine again, BUT FSUIPC continues working as an unregistered version.

This is no a support request becouse I have tried ALL and nothing works, it is a warning to all users and to Pete to proceed with caution if they want use FSUIPC 3 and FSUIPC 4 in the same computer.

I use FSUIPC3 and 4 on the same computer without any issues, as do many other people.

It's possible that this is actually a windows problem, which has affected FSUIPC, rather than an FSUIPC problem in and of itself. Unfortunately Pete is away at the moment and won't be back until Tuesday so you will need to wait a couple of days for a response from him.

Sorry for the delay!

Ian P.

Thanks for answer Ian. This is second time that I have same problema with FSUIPC 3 and FSUIPC 4, therefore I thought there was a compatibility problem...maybe you are right and it is a problem in Windows (Windows 7 Home Premium x64) or with my computer (iMac 27'' runing Windows under BootCamp).

Anyway I have restored the system and now all Works fine (only with FSX, of course).

Thanks for answer Ian. This is second time that I have same problema with FSUIPC 3 and FSUIPC 4, therefore I thought there was a compatibility problem.

There is absolutely no way anything regarding FSUIPC3 can affect anything regarding FSUIPC4 -- or vice versa They are uttely and absolutely independent of each other, just as your FS2004 and FSX installations are.

Pete