The simFlight Network Forums

VOR Indicator (inactive/to/from) appears incorrect

THis is the first time I actually make use of this offset in any of my programs. It is offset 0x0c4b / 0x0c5b which is documented as follows:

1 byte, Vor indicator with values 0=inactive, 1=to, 2=from

Now I set up my aircraft as follows:

• Tuned NAV1 to 110.00 (TBG)
  • Aircraft flying within 5nm of the TBG VOR, signal received
  • Aircraft flying heading 203 towards VOR with about 10 degrees off target. Nevertheless flying TOWARDS (TO) VOR station

Now, in this setup the cockpit VOR instrument/CDI is showing that I am flying TO the VOR, that is correct. That means that when querying that FSUIPC offset I should be getting the value 1 (to) but I am continually getting the value 2 (from).

It appears that the description for that offset should read 0=inactive, 1=from, 2=to. Most likely a typo error.

THis is the first time I actually make use of this offset in any of my programs. It is offset 0x0c4b / 0x0c5b which is documented as follows:

1 byte, Vor indicator with values 0=inactive, 1=to, 2=from

Now I set up my aircraft as follows:

• Tuned NAV1 to 110.00 (TBG)
  • Aircraft flying within 5nm of the TBG VOR, signal received
  • Aircraft flying heading 203 towards VOR with about 10 degrees off target. Nevertheless flying TOWARDS (TO) VOR station

Now, in this setup the cockpit VOR instrument/CDI is showing that I am flying TO the VOR, that is correct. That means that when querying that FSUIPC offset I should be getting the value 1 (to) but I am continually getting the value 2 (from).

It appears that the description for that offset should read 0=inactive, 1=from, 2=to. Most likely a typo error.

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding what the TO and FROM relate to. It is nothing to do with the direction you are flying. It is the setting of the VOR radial (the CRS or OBS value). If you adjust that then the validity will change, from TO to OFF to FROM to OFF and back to TO as you turn the knob through the 360 degrees. It is this indicator which is used for the VOR TO/FROM/INACTIVE indications.

Pete