2 replies to this topic

#1 hanss

hanss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hello all,

I inquired about buying the Sim Skunk Works F-104 for fsx. The provider said that Windows 7 would be better to install than Windows 8. I expressed my doubt as I am flying quite some planes without any problems in windows 8. I mentioned to him, that I would ask around to see whether other people experience the same problems. 

Does anyone have experience on the use of windows 8?

Thanks in advance

Hanss

#2 sigfreq

sigfreq

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I've been using FSX on Windows 8 since Jan 2013. Had a few problems with FSX crashing and also errors in finding the UIAutomationCore.dll file. I followed these instruction on removing and reinstalling FSX. And it been running great since.

http://support.preci...nstall-fsx.aspx

Although I kept my saved flights folder by renaming it and then copying it back after the install was complete.

Also this link here on SIMforms has a lot for good info as well, but I think the main thing is to make sure FSX is installed in a folder on your c: drive such as c:\fsx,

I also had prblems reinstalling FSX getting a error 1722 just beforre the install completed. Microsoft has a software reset tool at this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

And it worked ok in Widows 8 on my PC.

I tried upgrading to windows 8.1 and ran into problems with very slow frame rate. And then I found I couldn't delete FSX in Windows 8.1. Kept geting an error during the uninstall. Fortunitly I did a complete back up and restored everything back to Windows 8. I might try windows 8.1 again but will remove FSX first before I do the upgade to Windows 8.1 (some time when I have 2 or 3 days to waste messing about with it.

#3 Jammerjonn

Jammerjonn

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationJerome Arizona USA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hi guys so it sounds like FSX and 8.1 are ok together? I'm thinking of doing a clean install of 8.1 64bit because I'm having software glitches with 7 pro 64 bit. I keep getting an HRESULT 0xc000014B error. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SIMCONNECT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket