4 replies to this topic

#1 jimh

jimh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

I've just installed 5.4c, and found that Plan G on a local network will no longer function.

I simply want to ask if there is any known connection between how MTX connects to FSX, and the FSUIPC connection Plan G uses to connect through the network.

I am NOT blaming MTX for some fault here, just trying to clarify, in order to solve the problem.

Thanks, Jim H.

#2 Andydigital

Andydigital

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationMacclesfield

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

The only situation where traffic might cause a problem is if you have far too much of it displaying in the sim, try reducing the traffic sliders in FSX to a lower level and see if that helps at all, if it doesn't even with the sliders at less than 20% then its not the traffic causing the problem. As long as you are able to maintain 24FPS or more at all times its not going to be a traffic issue.

supporter1.jpg
Cheers,
Andy.

#3 jimh

jimh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Is there a quick way to disable MTX?  If I commented out the fsx.cfg entry would that disable MTX, so I could check if something else has happened coincidentally?

Thanks, Jim

#4 Andydigital

Andydigital

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationMacclesfield

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yes just untick MyTraffic in the scenery library manager in FSX.

supporter1.jpg
Cheers,
Andy.

#5 jimh

jimh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks.  Disabled MTX, Plan G, over the network works as usual.

Enabled MTX, FSX sliders to 5%, Plan G freezes.

Sliders 1%  ditto

Sliders 0%,  PlanG ok.

Although there is some connection between MTX, and PlanG (at least over my network), I've found that FS Commander, over the same network, cares not a fig whether MTX is disabled, or with sliders set to 20%, MTX is working fully.

I think this enquiry should move to Plan G, rather than looking at MTX.  For interest only then, I'm copying the event viewer message from my other computer.

Thanks for your help, Andy.

Edit:  After typing this message, I tried V3 of Plan G (I was using V2.05, as I preferred it's map).  Plan G V3 seems to like MTX, so my problem is solved!

Cheers, Jim

PlanG.exe

4d836f53

KERNELBASE.dll

50b83c8a

e0434352

0000c41f

f6c

01cea2584eb69d37

C:\TA Software\Plan-G v2\PlanG.exe

C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

9d4c5634-0e4b-11e3-be0d-50e5498f9afb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket