Photo

Is it possible to show fictional airports in FSCP3D?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pipeorgan

pipeorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

I love using FSCP3D 9.3_HF1 especially with Google earth on a network PC but cannot seem to get FSCP3D to recognise PF20 and PF21 which are fictional airports in Alaska. They appear on the P3D map but are not shown in FSC. I have run MakeRwys and FSCP3DCFG on my server and FSC Database Manager on my client, but the airports are still not recognised by FSC P3D although I can use them in P3D. Can anyone please help me to resolve this.

Cheers. John

Windows 7 64 with WideFS version 6.9.9.4, FSUIP 4853

#2 pipeorgan

pipeorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think that I have found my problem as I have mounted the folder where the flight sim is located and not the drive. However allowing shared access to my C drive over my network is proving very difficult but there must be a way:-)

#3 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi John,

the DBManager can only reads airports that must exists in your flight simulator or available as an addon scenery.

Volker

#4 pipeorgan

pipeorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Volker for your response.

Yes I have the addon scenery for PF 20 and 21 so I am pleased that I will eventually be able to see them in FSC. My problem seems to be with file sharing and security of the program files(86) folder. Although I am able to share the C drive of my server over my home network (same workgroup) it seems to exclude the program files, program files(86), and program data folders. I have tried everything but to be honest I do not really understand this security business, but I will now keep trying as you have confirmed that FSC will recognise them once I can resolve this sharing/ security problem. However the next time I will install everything anew I will install FSC in the root directory and not in the Program files folder:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket