The simFlight Network Forums

Brake Axis

Hello Pete or other Forum members, I have rudder pedals with only one function toe brake axis the other gave out. Is it possible to map the single operating brake pedal to operate both the left and the right brake axis? Also since this might be ran solely through FSUIPC is there a way to make it not cause problems with PMDG aircraft since I know there braking systems go outside FSX's normal logic and I don't want to cause a problem with the ABS not working. 

Thanks for the help.

Angelo Cosma

Hello Pete or other Forum members, I have rudder pedals with only one function toe brake axis the other gave out. Is it possible to map the single operating brake pedal to operate both the left and the right brake axis?

Assign the axis to both left and right brakes instead of only one. In FSUIPC you can assign any axis to up to 4 actions.

Also since this might be ran solely through FSUIPC is there a way to make it not cause problems with PMDG aircraft since I know there braking systems go outside FSX's normal logic and I don't want to cause a problem with the ABS not working.

The results of multiple assignments for one axis are indistinguishable to anything else from results from separate axes.

Pete

Thanks Pete! Any way to adjust the null zone or sensitivity in FSUIPC so the brakes don't grab so hard on the initial application, I am familiar with slope and calibrating in FSUIPC however that always seems to break the ABS in PMDG aircraft. Ideas?

Not sure why it upsets PMDG aircraft to modify the slope if you calibrate. Are you saying you don't calibrate the brakes? Have you tried assigning "direct to FSUIPC calibration" instead of to the FS axes?

Otherwise the only thing you can do really is to fiddle with the original axis value using the adding/multiplying factors you can apply in the [Axes] section of the INI file -- see the Advanced Users manual. You can't really set a null zone that way, though, and if you divide the axis value then you may not be able to reach max braking.

Pete