The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & Pokey

Hi Pete

Starting a Generic Home cockpit , i made the choice to use a Pokey56U Card for it simplicity before going to most complex Card as OC 

I have a look to Pokey Software , but it is not so powerfull to build some evoluated action for Prepar3D

i saw in their package that they have a sample piece of code of LUA IPC language written by artem

so i installed it as they described with the Appropriate required dll, add in ipcready.lua the pokey lua script

i plugged a toggle switch in Pin 10 & 11 wich associated to their example code the Battery ON & OFF

nothing happend

i look in Joystick Section of Linda , the Pokey is installed and validated as a virtual joystick, but if a move the switch from Off to On , no event is detected

i made the same test with Fsuipc in "Button & switch" and no effect too

i looked at the FSUIPC.INI and and saw that the virtual joystick (pokey) is not in the list of Joystick

i have a doubt about card and/or switch , start the pokey software, set a "G" to the pin 10 & 11 , take off ,move switch and gear move up and down , so for me no electronic problem

so i delete pokey config to avoid interact with LUA Script 

i have also a look to see if Luacom.dll and Lua5.1.dll are mounted in memory for communication and it is the case

and at this point, i have an interrogation

Does FSUIPC need to know the Pokey Card in his setting to work with Linda , IPC language and the 2 dll used in the Pokey.lua script ???

I know that you are not support of Linda / Lua but your experience , skill & knownledge about FS Comm is so large that maybe you have a beginning of answer

i profit to thank you about your huge contribution to FS world

have a good day Pete

regards

Thierry

i look in Joystick Section of Linda , the Pokey is installed and validated as a virtual joystick, but if a move the switch from Off to On , no event is detected

i made the same test with Fsuipc in "Button & switch" and no effect too

i looked at the FSUIPC.INI and and saw that the virtual joystick (pokey) is not in the list of Joystick

If it isn't detected as a joystick type device then no way will FSUIPC or probably Linda be able to handle its buttons and switches.

Try HIDSCANNER, see if that detects it and if so what it thinks it is. (HidScanner is available in the Lua thread in Download Links subforum).

i have also a look to see if Luacom.dll and Lua5.1.dll are mounted in memory for communication and it is the case

All that's probably irrelevant if the device isn't detected in any case. What part uses Luacom and Lua5.1.dll? FSUIPC itself doesn't use them.

Does FSUIPC need to know the Pokey Card in his setting to work with Linda , IPC language and the 2 dll used in the Pokey.lua script ???

I really have no idea about Pokeys. Are you sure it isn't a keyboard emulation card, translating buttons into key press codes, not joystick buttons?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

thanks for your very quick answer

i run HidScanner v2 and select Polabs Pokey Status in the log 

here that the HIDscanner tools discover about Pokey

2 status i see in the peripheric control panel (win 8 tell me that it is a Keyboard and a joystick)

1 status as comm (it is surely because, in the Pokey Lua script i add to your ipcready.lua , a link thuth Luacom.dll is launched)

Device at "\\?\hid#vid_1dc3&pid_1001&mi_02#7&36392d2e&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
Vendor=1DC3, Product=1001 (Version 16.0)
Manufacturer= PoLabs
Product= Virtual keyboard
Serial Number= 2.32502
Device is a keyboard
Usage Page: 1
Input Report Byte Length: 35
Output Report Byte Length: 0
Feature Report Byte Length: 0
Number of Link Collection Nodes: 1
Number of Input Button Caps: 2
Number of InputValue Caps: 0
Number of InputData Indices: 110
Number of Output Button Caps: 0
Number of Output Value Caps: 0
Number of Output Data Indices: 0
Number of Feature Button Caps: 0
Number of Feature Value Caps: 0
Number of Feature Data Indices: 0
Device at "\\?\hid#vid_1dc3&pid_1001&mi_01#7&230910f0&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
Manufacturer= PoLabs
Product= Communication Interface
Serial Number= 2.32502
Usage Page: FF00
Input Report Byte Length: 65
Output Report Byte Length: 65
Number of Link Collection Nodes: 1
Number of Input Button Caps: 0
Number of InputValue Caps: 1
Number of InputData Indices: 1
Number of Output Value Caps: 1
Number of Output Data Indices: 8
Value 0x01 at index 0, range 0 -> 255, using 8 bits
Device at "\\?\hid#vid_1dc3&pid_1001&mi_00#7&fd8f4b2&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}"
Manufacturer= PoLabs
Product= Virtual Joystick
Serial Number= 2.32502
Usage Page: 1
Input Report Byte Length: 18
Output Report Byte Length: 0
Number of Link Collection Nodes: 2
Number of Input Button Caps: 1
Number of InputValue Caps: 7
Number of InputData Indices: 39
Number of Output Value Caps: 0
Number of Output Data Indices: 0
Buttons range 1 -> 32 at indices 6 -> 37
Value U/RX at index 0, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value V/RY at index 1, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value Z at index 2, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value Y at index 3, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value X at index 4, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value Thr at index 5, range 0 -> 4095, using 16 bits
Value POV at index 38, range 0 -> 7, using 8 bits

and i discover that Prepar3d has the Virtual Joystick in his list

And FSX doesn't?

In FSUIPC4.INI, [JoyNames] section, is it listed? I'm not sure if I know what a "virtual joystick" is from the DirectInput interface view. I might need more information. If Windows says it's a Joystick then FSUIPC's scanning should certainly find it, unless it is numbered beyond 15 in the Registry, as FSUIPC can only handle devices 0-15.

Pete

Hi Pete 

Sorry , i use only P3D and nomore FSX  

but good news, the point advance for Linda side: in an old post you had with "Flatdog" in 2011 about the previous generation of pokey55U,

i known now how to activate signal of button to be detected in Linda

in the pokey Software,  you have to activate a "Digital Input" in main setting of pin connected , then, in the "Joystick Settings" in "Device" menu, associate the pin to a joystick button

sorry to have abused of your sunday time, but i don't know why, when i made a search in your full forum i didn't find these topic (i find it via a home cockpit builder site)

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69391-pokeys55-card/

for FSUIPC , my list of Hid Joystick range from 0 to 7 and from P3D side , the virtual joystick pokey in the list of joystick

have a good end of day and thanks for your today support

thierry

Hi Pete

Just for information

After the setting of flatdog, and after plug out/plug in of the pokey, a restart of my pc and p3d , the phokey was integrated as a joystick in position 0 in section joyname

I have to use your letter asignment functionality to fix the order of the usb joystick

I think that the fact pokey is assigned as a joystick a keyboard and a usb comm emulator maybe disturb the hid management

Therry

Have a good day

• 2 years later...
On 11/3/2013 at 4:57 PM, sikorsky77 said:

Hi Pete 

Sorry , i use only P3D and nomore FSX  

but good news, the point advance for Linda side: in an old post you had with "Flatdog" in 2011 about the previous generation of pokey55U,

i known now how to activate signal of button to be detected in Linda

in the pokey Software,  you have to activate a "Digital Input" in main setting of pin connected , then, in the "Joystick Settings" in "Device" menu, associate the pin to a joystick button

sorry to have abused of your sunday time, but i don't know why, when i made a search in your full forum i didn't find these topic (i find it via a home cockpit builder site)

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69391-pokeys55-card/

for FSUIPC , my list of Hid Joystick range from 0 to 7 and from P3D side , the virtual joystick pokey in the list of joystick

have a good end of day and thanks for your today support

thierry

Thanks very much Thierry, you helped me solve a similar problem, getting FSUIPC to recognize an input from Pokeys.