The simFlight Network Forums

Programmatic pushback

I assume that with FSX the FSUIPC actually uses SimConnect, if that is correct could you tell me if the PUSHBACK STATE simvar actually works? or how it is used?

I am able to read the correct value according to whether there is pushback or not, etc. But even thought the documentation says it is settable, when I try to set a value (32-bit) I get a DATA_ERROR exception.

Hi,

it does use of course use SimConnect.

There are two Offsets, 0x31F0 to see the status and 0x31F4 to control.

31F0 4 Pushback status 3=off, 0=pushing back, 1=pushing back, tail to swing to left (port), 2=pushing back, tail to swing to right (starboard)
31F4 4 Pushback control. Write 0–3 here to set pushback operation, as described for the status, above.

But in SimConnect one does not use "offsets" there is the "PUSHBACK STATE" SimVar which is writeable (well, so it says but I get a data error) and the "TOGGLE_PUSHBACK" event which is used to "toggle" pushback on/off or receive notification that pushback has started/finished.

The 2nd does not allow setting straight/left/right/none, only notification or enable/disable.

But in SimConnect one does not use "offsets" there is the "PUSHBACK STATE" SimVar which is writeable (well, so it says but I get a data error) and the "TOGGLE_PUSHBACK" event which is used to "toggle" pushback on/off or receive notification that pushback has started/finished.

FSUIPC4's offset 31F4 uses the SimConnect variable PUSHBACK STATE with no problem. If you have a data error using it you are making a mistake somewhere, maybe the data type, which should be "enum"?

Pete

Tried enum, number and various other but the same problem. I used Int32, tried Int64 and got a data type error which was expected.

Sorry, then. I can't support SimConnect. All I can say is that FSUIPC uses "enum" with int32 and it works fine.

Have you tried SimConnect logging to see what that shows?

Pete