The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick programming in FSX

Hello everyone, I'm new to Mr. Dowson's forum and already in need of some assistance. I have been running FSUIPC in FSX and with the VRS Super Hornet for sometime not but decided to purchase the registered version because I am running into all sorts of problems programming my Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle as well as my Saitek combat rudder pedals.

I've installed FSUIPC ver. 4.928 and registered it but I have no idea where to find the part of the program where I can program my controls, could someone please point me in the right direction?

I have been trying to program the stick, throttle and now the rudder and tow brakes in both FSX as well as Thrustmaster's Target GUI software; unfortunately it seems as though the programs are not agreeing with each other or they are not agreeing with what I am assigning each button or axis to perform in the jet. 

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

V/R,

navyao 

Hello everyone, I'm new to Mr. Dowson's forum and already in need of some assistance.

Folks generally only come here when they are in need of assistance in any case. ;-)

I have been running FSUIPC in FSX and with the VRS Super Hornet for sometime not but decided to purchase the registered version because I am running into all sorts of problems programming my Thrustmaster Warthog stick & throttle as well as my Saitek combat rudder pedals.

Don't Thrustmaster and Saitek provide any instructions? Generally you don't need to "programme" such things, merely assign the various axes and buttons to functions in FS. FS also tends to make quite a few default assignments of its own accord, and these are often good enough as a start -- it is guided by files it has for each device type t recognises.

I've installed FSUIPC ver. 4.928 and registered it but I have no idea where to find the part of the program where I can program my controls, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Have you tried looking at the instructions -- there is a User Guide, a comprehensive document wth Chapters on these facilities. Many folks find the correct options pretty quickly in any case as they are evident in the FSUIPC options screen when you open the Add-Ons/FSUIPC Menu..

In case you don't know where to find the documentation, please look in the original ZIP file, the one from which you got the Installer, and you will findd an Installation and Registration guide which tells you exactly what is installed and where.

I have been trying to program the stick, throttle and now the rudder and tow brakes in both FSX as well as Thrustmaster's Target GUI software; unfortunately it seems as though the programs are not agreeing with each other or they are not agreeing with what I am assigning each button or axis to perform in the jet.

Sorry, I can't help with that. I do not have or use any of their devices. But if and when you do assign in FSUIPC, be sure you don't also assign in FS too or you will get conflicts.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for your reply, I really do appreciate it. I will follow up with you in a day or two; I am trying to explain exactly what the problem is that I am running into quite poorly so let me gather some more information and get back to you. Thank you again.

- Tom