The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

Schedule Creator 24 V1 is now available. This version uses real flight numbers based on the data posted on FlightAware for each airport. Each airport has a specific number of unique flights based on this data. This number is listed in the airport selection menu. If you choose the number of flights (recall this must be an even number) to be less than or equal to the number of unique flights, then only the unique flights will be included in the schedule. If you choose the number of flights to be greater than the number of unique flights, then all the unique flights, plus a random set of the unique flights, will be included in the schedule. There will be no duplicate flight numbers.  If you want to use only the unique flights, especially at the smaller airports, choose a short time sequence so that you have enough flights to keep it interesting. Note that you will no longer be asked to enter to largest flight number you want to use; otherwise the instructions are the same as previous versions. Airports through Toronto (CYYZ), except St. Thomas, are included.

Comments about Toronto:  Add the following to the "airlines.txt" file in the "databases" folder.   WEN,WR,ENCORE,WESTJET ENCORE,CANADA

Comments about Key West:  There are only 24 unique flights in the dataset.

Comments on Terminal Files:  I do not have copies of the terminal files for all the latest airports so cannot say how many of the airlines in the SC dataset actually have terminals assignments. If someone is interested, they could send me those files by personal message.

1. Please read the "Schedule Creator 19 Comments" before running the application or making any of the recommended edits. Significant changes are recommended to the "airports.txt", "airlines.txt" and each airport's terminal assignment file.

2. You must have Nyerges' "Real Traffic" installed to use Schedule Creator.

3. This version also contains cargo flights--Northern Air Cargo (NAC/NC; the default Tower cargo carrier) will appear at all airports, except LAX, while FedEx (FDX/FX) and United Parcel Service (UPS/5X) will appear if they actually have service to the airport. To see these flights, you must add FDX and UPS to your "airlines.txt" file (they are not in Real Traffic), and edit the terminal assignment files for each airport (except LAX--no cargo terminal unless you created one---you can create your own simple cargo terminal at LAX as outlined in the attachment).   In order to see the flights by FedEX, UPS, and Northern Air Cargo, edit the cargo terminal file at each airport to look something like this:  Terminal_Cargo: FDX, UPS, NAC.

4. Be sure to "Run as Administrator."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::                                                                                         

Schedule Creator 24 is attached as a zip archive. Download and unzip to obtain "Schedule Creator 24 V1.exe"

Schedule Creator 24 V1.zip      Added August 27 2016

::::: Files for Information & Modification Steps :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Schedule Creator 19 Comments.pdf

Airports 260 for Schedule Creator 19.txt

Airlines to Add-Disable for Schedule Creator 17.txt

::::: Instructions for LAX Cargo Terminal :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Creating a simple cargo terminal at LAX.pdf

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update.  Here are the two FlightAware entries from JFK for Aeroflot on January 24, 2014 on which the schedule is based.  I will check for the latest and make any corrections in a future release.

AFL103    A320    Sheremetyevo Int'l (UUEE / SVO)    Thu 19:48 EST    Fri 13:38 MSK    Fri 13:38 MSK
AFL101    A320    Sheremetyevo Int'l (UUEE / SVO)    Thu 14:56 EST    Fri 08:53 MSK    08:53 MSK (+1) (?)

And, here are today's departure entries from FlightAware for  AFL flights between JFK and SVO

Aeroflot AFL103  A333
Aeroflot AFL101  A333
Aeroflot AFL103  A320
Aeroflot AFL101  A320
Aeroflot AFL2585 A321
Aeroflot AFL2303 A320
Aeroflot AFL2303 A320

So, I guess it all depends on when you are looking.

Are you referring to the Schedule Creator schedules you created, or the Real Traffic schedule?  Arriving flights will not appear unless there is an open gate for parking at their terminal so it is good to have the departures slider set a little higher than the arrival slider.  Even though you have lots of flights in a schedule, it is always gate-limited.  Also, the time you choose is factor.  Need a few more details.

I'm referring to the Schedule Creator schedules.

Airport is KLAX at 13:00 hour.

Maybe i just need a little patience and i will try the tip with the departure slider further then the arrivals. So more gates come available to arriving flights.

I wasn't aware that flights dont show up when their terminal is full.

Have you updated your Los_Angeles_Airport_Termimal.txt file in the Airfields folder?  Mine looks like this these days. The default Tower version is missing many airlines included in Schedule Creator. Aircraft will not appear in the sim unless they have a terminal and a gate.

Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,AFR,FJI,THT,ANA,AAR,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CSN,ELY,UAE,EVA,IBE,JAL,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,MAS,PAL,QFA,SIA,SWR,THA,TSO,THY
Terminal_1: TRS,SWA,AWE
Terminal_2: AMX,ACA,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,TFL,HAL,KLM,SCX,LRC,TAI,AVA,VIR,VOI,WJA
Terminal_3: JBU,NKS,VRD,VOZ
Terminal_4: AAL,EGF,QFA
Terminal_5: DAL
Terminal_6: ASA,AAY,CMP,FFT,GLA,UAL
Terminal_7: UAL
Terminal_8: SKW
Terminal_GA: GA

I just ran a schedule for MIA containing 2880 flights and it contained 115 by NAC, 10 by FedEx, and 60 by UPS.  The NAC number is high and I am making it more realistic in the next release of Schedule Creator.  As far as the 767, that was an arbitrary choice on my part as the real NAC seems to fly only 737 (I think they have a fleet of 5-6 serving mostly Alaska)--the 767 is among the most popular freighters.  In the next version, I have the flights distributed among 767 and 747.  Maybe I will change that to distribute them among 737, 767, and 747--but lots of Tower users prefer the "big" jets. You can always edit the schedule file if you would prefer only the 737. Since neither FDX or UPS are included in Real Traffic, but NAC is, I guess the developers had to choose NAC.

As far as seeing flights, have you edited your terminal file as described in item 4 of the original post?

Thanks for your comments.

I just ran a schedule for MIA containing 2880 flights and it contained 115 by NAC, 10 by FedEx, and 60 by UPS.  The NAC number is high and I am making it more realistic in the next release of Schedule Creator.  As far as the 767, that was an arbitrary choice on my part as the real NAC seems to fly only 737 (I think they have a fleet of 5-6 serving mostly Alaska)--the 767 is among the most popular freighters.  In the next version, I have the flights distributed among 767 and 747.  Maybe I will change that to distribute them among 737, 767, and 747--but lots of Tower users prefer the "big" jets. You can always edit the schedule file if you would prefer only the 737. Not sure why the developers chose NAC as their default cargo carrier instead of FedEx or UPS, for example.

As far as seeing flights, have you edited your terminal file as described in item 4 of the original post?

Thanks for your comments.

Well, I do get the many NAC flights, might need to add more cargo areas to the KMIA airport.  There seems to be plenty of cargo on it already, but getting filled up with NAC I guess

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with SC14. When executing the file I get the following message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's 
system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then 
contact the software publisher.

My system is:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Asus M5A97 Motherboard
AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz
EVGA GTX 480
Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) 1866Mhz DDR3

I have never seen that before, nor has it been reported before.  Questions: (1) Did you change the extension from .txt to .exe? (2) Are you using "run as administrator?" (3) Do you have either Microsoft Visual Studio or C++ Express installed on your computer?

The software was developed on a Windows 7 64-bit system using Microsoft Visual Studio 10.  I have seen some errors when C++ was not installed on a system but never the one you are reporting.  I note that you are in the UK.  I don't know if there are differences between US and UK versions of Windows 7--but I seem to have quite a few European users who have reported no problems.

You can also try running in "clean boot" mode -- search the internet for the Microsoft instructions on doing that.

I am stumped.  I hope another user has some suggestions.  All I can suggest is downloading it again and try again.  This program has gone through about 10 versions now, been downloaded and used hundreds of times, and this error has never been reported.  Very puzzling.

I don't how this might affect your problem, but my "User Account Control Settings" are set to "never notify" -- available through control panel.

I'm sure you have done this, but if you enter that error message into "google," for example, there are many, many references -- maybe one applies to your situation.

• 1 month later...

Replace .txt with .exe, and double-click the .exe file.

This has been done by lots of users without problems.  I have tested it myself many times.  If it still does not work, you may need some files on your system that are associated with Microsoft Visual Studio.  Check out the Schedule Creator 14 Comments file.

Hi Shawn,

Just a thought but can you see file extensions when you are in explorer?

It seems Windows defaults these off. If you cannot see them you may be just changing the file name and not the type in which case it will not work.

I am at work at present and unable to tell you where to turn them on but if I recall it is in the control panel somewhere.

Graham