The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

Ok, Thank you:)..File created...but non valid into the Tower 3D...the load stop 70%...i see many differences from Real traffic file and Schedule Traffic file..

Example:

Schedule programm

JFK, SFO, 752, DL,  435, 16:58, 13:48, 370, DL
 JFK, SJU, 73H, DL,  457, 12:58, 07:48, 250, DL
 JFK, CDG, 764, DL,  400, 15:41, 02:21, 440, DL
 JFK, AUS, 73H, DL, 2256, 20:32, 17:22, 250, DL
 JFK, SVO, 763, DL,  466, 00:28, 06:28, 600, DL
 JFK, ZRH, 333, LX,   15, 18:41, 04:41, 480, LX
 JFK, MEM, AB6, FX, 1292, 15:42, 14:02, 160, FX
 JFK, MEX, 73H, AM,  403, 04:50, 00:30, 320, AM
 JFK, RFD, 752, 5X, 1125, 06:41, 05:51, 110, 5X
 JFK, SFO, 762, AA,  177, 10:57, 07:47, 370, AA
 JFK, ORD, CR9, 9E, 2926, 23:52, 21:52, 180, 9E
 JFK, BOS, E90, B6,  418, 09:28, 08:18,  70, B6

Real traffic

JFK, RDU, CR7, G7, 4254, 12:00, 13:36, 1, G7
JFK, PHX, 73H, AA, 1324, 12:00, 13:33, 1, AA
JFK, ORD, CR9, 9E, 4018, 12:00, 13:27, 1, 9E
JFK, JAA, 77W, JL,    5, 12:00, 13:25, 1, JL
JFK, ROC, E90, B6, 1386, 12:00, 13:20, 1, B6
JFK, BTV, E90, B6, 1734, 12:00, 13:17, 1, B6
JFK, LAX, 320, VX,  411, 12:00, 13:16, 1, VX
JFK, BOS, CR9, 9E, 4085, 12:00, 13:15, 1, 9E
JFK, PBI, 320, B6,  653, 12:00, 13:07, 1, B6
JFK, pal, 320, B6,  837, 12:00, 13:00, 1, B6
JFK, DPC, 320, B6,  369, 12:00, 12:59, 1, B6
JFK, AUS, E90, B6,  795, 12:00, 12:59, 1, B6
JFK, DAB, 320, B6,  393, 12:00, 12:58, 1, B6

than Real Traffic has 1200 flight with Scedule Programm "only" 538...how is possible?

I do not think the "stop loading" at 70% has anything to do with the schedule.  The format for the schedules is correct (I actually did part of the schedules for Tower3D). The difference is that Schedule Creator uses the actual flight times (next to last entry on each line) but those are not necessary because the sim does not actually use that number. But, there has to be a number there so Real Traffic uses "1".

I use Schedule Creator schedules for LAX without any problems.

Make sure the name of the schedule is correct...for JFK it should be kjfk_schedule.txt, and it must be in the KJFK folder under Extensions.  If this name or location is not correct, Tower3D will stop loading at 70%.

Schedule Creator will create 2880 flights.  I have attached a 1000-flight schedule for JFK that I created today.

kjfk_schedule.txt

Well, I thought I had done all the procedures correctly, but maybe something was wrong. But the name was right, checked.
One more question if I may: to me were 538 flights to JFK, how did you manage to have in 1000?
And 'possible to even more?
Ok, many airplanes have not yet livery and so are white but the manufacturer has confirmed to me that he is working, even to create new B787 and 747-800.

Thanks again for all the help

If you are using Schedule Creator 24 V1 to make your schedules, you can choose how many flights to create, the maximum being 2880.  There is an instruction "Enter the number of flights to be created (even numbers, maximum 2880:".  While there are only 538 unique flights at JFK in the program, you can create more.  The program just assigns different flight numbers if you choose more than 538.

Ok, all correct Dickparker, i created 5\6 schedule to 2000 airplanes and all is ok!!:)..very funny..well of course i think it's not really...if i would like to know how many flights in jfk o klax in a day there are, where can i find this information?

You can use FlightAware (flightaware.com). Look under "Live Flight Tracking" and "Browse by Airport."  Enter KJFK into the "Airport Code" box and click "Get Airport Information." Then, look under "Overview."  Lots of data there, currently showing 1100 commercial operations per day.  Not exactly clear what is meant by an "operation" but must include landings and takeoffs.

I only joined this party at T!3D, I have never seen T2011 and I am slowly learning the ropes. I have a number of questions about schedules if anyone would be kind enough to answer them:

1. Taking one line from an earlier post on this page as an example -   "JFK, RDU, CR7, G7, 4254, 12:00, 13:36, 1, G7" - Why are there 2 time blocks? Why is the first time block always 12:00? What is the importance of the digit "1"? Why is the airline code repeated at the end of the data line?

2. In the klax_terminal file there are no airline codes against TBIT.  Does this mean that any airline not listed against another terminal is automatically asigned to TBIT?

(I have T!3D SP2a/ RC SP2 / RT SP3 and have not amended any of the files. Yet!)

Thanks!

JFK is the departure airport.

RDU is the destination airport.

CR7 is the aircraft.

G7 is the airline IATA code.

12:00 is the arrival time at RDU.  The sim does not use this time so it was just set to 12:00 because an entry is required.

13:36 is the departure time from JFK.  The sim does use this time.

1 is the arbitrary flight time. The sim does not use this time but an entry is required.

G7 is the airline sharecode. This is not used by the sim.  The original intent, I think, was that some airlines share a parking space. For example, if this was a United flight (UA) parking at an American (AA) gate, the sharecode would be AA.  May not be totally what the original schedule maker meant, but you get the idea.

You have to edit the terminal file to show current airlines.  Tower 2011 and Tower 3D have very incomplete terminal files.  Attached is a copy of mine for LAX.  It also contains some cargo assignments which I use with Tower 2011 but do not affect Tower 3D.  The name of the file is the one required by Tower 3D for KLAX.

klax_terminal.txt

3 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Many thanks for a quick response dickparker, everything is a lot clearer to me now. That terminal file will be in my folder within seconds!!

:) Dickparker is goldmine of informations!!:)

Thank you..and Thank you for the Scedule programm!!!!!

Good evening, after  RT_sp4 installation, the schedules created with Schedule Creator don't work anymore (try for Klax and Kjfk)

The simulator stop it 70%...if i put the original files (schedule) all it's ok...maybe depend because in the SP4 there are the new 788 and 748 airplanes?

1 hour ago, stuch17 said:

Good evening, after  RT_sp4 installation, the schedules created with Schedule Creator don't work anymore (try for Klax and Kjfk)

The simulator stop it 70%...if i put the original files (schedule) all it's ok...maybe depend because in the SP4 there are the new 788 and 748 airplanes?

I have this happen every once in a while with Tower 3D, never have figured out what causes and I have looked around.  I'm using a custom schedule at KLAX from v19 of this.  When I have had it happen before I just keep changing the time forward until it loads.  It seems there is something in the schedule that cause it at certain times but like I said I have never figured out what the trigger is.

As the author of Schedule Creator, I am particularly concerned about this.  I have RT SP4 installed.  So, I created a new, 1200-flight schedule for KLAX using SC 24 V1 and tested it at 6 different starting times (1:00-21:00) separated by 4 hours.  The sim loaded correctly and performed correctly each time.  I have noted that if the schedule file is not in the correct folder or does not have the correct name, the sim does stop loading at 70%.  For KLAX, this should be (tower3d/ refers to your installation location):

tower3d/extensions/airfields/klax/klax_schedule.txt

What I have noted is that there is about a 55-minute difference between the time chosen (8:00 for example) and the time the first flight is loaded (the time shown at the top of the display).  No idea why this is the case, but I have brought it to the attention of the developers.

I don't think problem this has anything to do with the schedules.  My schedule is attached.

klax_schedule.txt

Yea I have not seen it for a while.  Here is the error that got posted to the log when it did happen.

Init airplane: DAL16 type: Wide_default code: MJT3 category: III class: WIDE_BODY_JET

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Game.CreateAirplane (.Action_t action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game+<LoadMap>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Init airplane: AAL248 type: Default code: DEFAULT category: II class: NARROW_BODY_JET

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Game.CreateAirplane (.Action_t action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game+<LoadMap>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I tried to track down what caused it but could never figure it out.  I have no idea if it's related to the schedule or not, I just know that with a custom schedule I would get this error at certain times every once in a while.  I was hoping it got resolved by some of the updates.  One weird part is if you were running the sim already the times that errored out wouldn't have an issue, it only happened if you tried to start the sim at a certain time.

Mike

15 hours ago, dickparker said:

As the author of Schedule Creator, I am particularly concerned about this.  I have RT SP4 installed.  So, I created a new, 1200-flight schedule for KLAX using SC 24 V1 and tested it at 6 different starting times (1:00-21:00) separated by 4 hours.  The sim loaded correctly and performed correctly each time.  I have noted that if the schedule file is not in the correct folder or does not have the correct name, the sim does stop loading at 70%.  For KLAX, this should be (tower3d/ refers to your installation location):

tower3d/extensions/airfields/klax/klax_schedule.txt

What I have noted is that there is about a 55-minute difference between the time chosen (8:00 for example) and the time the first flight is loaded (the time shown at the top of the display).  No idea why this is the case, but I have brought it to the attention of the developers.

I don't think problem this has anything to do with the schedules.  My schedule is attached.

klax_schedule.txt

HI,now the program is ok with the schedule files created with Schedule creator 1.24, but i analyzed your Klax_schedule file and all the my files created with Creator program i noticed that there aren't the new airplanes 748 and 788...maybe It also happens to you?

Alessandro

I don't think that is a problem either.  I manually edited the schedule I posted to include 788 and 748 aircraft and Tower3D loaded and ran without problems.  But, you are correct, Schedule Creator 24 does not include the new aircraft because they were not in the original aircraft file for Tower 2011.  I will change that in the next version.

On 20/10/2016 at 3:49 PM, dickparker said:

I don't think that is a problem either.  I manually edited the schedule I posted to include 788 and 748 aircraft and Tower3D loaded and ran without problems.  But, you are correct, Schedule Creator 24 does not include the new aircraft because they were not in the original aircraft file for Tower 2011.  I will change that in the next version.

Ok, Thank you and will wait the new version if you development it:)

• 3 weeks later...