The simFlight Network Forums

Tower: Schedule Creator 24 V1 Released (Includes CYYZ)

dickparker

First, did you run Schedule Creator as administrator?

Second, be sure the name of the schedule file in Tower3D is "klax_schedule.txt" and that it is in the proper folder "...extensions/airfields/klax".  The only problem I have ever had with the 70% loading error is when the file has the incorrect name or is in the incorrect folder.  I use SC24 all the time to create new schedules of various sizes and times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For a future version of SC, it would be handy if it asked the user whether the schedule was for Tower2011 or Tower3D, and then saved it automatically with the correct name format.  Note this is not a big problem at all, just a friendly suggestion for something that would make the experience smoother for users, since it is frequently used to generate schedules for both programs.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, biosuit said:

Hello,

Could anybody possibly share a challenging schedule for klax? At the moment the one shared by Dick or the standard one is not enough traffic. Or is there a place where these are shared?

Looking forward to a reply,

Marco

Why not just use schedule Creator?  If you like I will be happy to use it to create a sample one for you.  How many flights per hour would you like?  100, 150, 200, 250?  Realistic would be around 160-170/hour depending on time of day. 

It is not clear to me if you have tried Schedule Creator.  And, how many flights do you want?  You can generate up to 2880 flights over whatever time period you wish using SC. So, if you chose a 6-hour schedule, that would be 480 flights per hour.  That seems pretty challenging to me!  I don't know the exact number or the time distribution, but I think LAX handles about 1600 flights per day.

You can use the schedule files for both Tower!2011 and Tower!3D.

5 hours ago, biosuit said:

Hello,

Could anybody possibly share a challenging schedule for klax? At the moment the one shared by Dick or the standard one is not enough traffic. Or is there a place where these are shared?

Looking forward to a reply,

Marco

You should look at the schedule file ... it is very simple to create/modify your own schedule. This is the second time you've posted that the sim is not challenging enough for you. I, personally, cannot control the entire LAX airport at a peak time. I mean in reality, it's the job of a least four people. But if you can do it, more power to you. You should make a video, I'd love to see you in action.

Also, I think with separation and available parking spaces there is an actual limit to the number of arrivals (and probably departures) the sim will have active at any point in time. 

Sorry for the late reply. Been overwhelmed at work. Thank you for all your replies! Especially the tip of playing at 16x LOL. I'll have a look at creating my own file then if it's that easy. I know real life KLAX needs several people and not satin I can do that but the standard included schedule could do with a bit more flights. Thanks again and I'll let you know if I can't manage. 

Marco

Ok. Just tried it. I feel really stupid now. Should have looked first, how easy was that. When I was reading I was assuming you had to take the format out of Flightradar24 and translate it to schedule creator. Thanks again everybody that replied!

marco

Absolutely Tommy2604..

You will have to make sure you place it in the correct folder with the correct name but you can definitely make a really challenging schudele for all versions of tower..

You could look here :

to see how many flights a day to use approximately..

have fun,

Willem

On 4/12/2017 at 7:49 PM, GooberGrape said:

Are there any future plans to include KIND as an option?

Thanks for your interest. Based on my list of available Tower airports, SC does not include KSMF, KIND, KPDX, KMSY, PHNL, and KEYW.  Making a new schedule does involve quite a bit of work and requires a copy of the terminal assignment file in order to make it as accurate as possible.  I do not currently own copies of the listed airports.  I may work on some of these during the winter of 2017 but really don't have time right now.

3 hours ago, dickparker said:

Probably not.  There are very few airline flights to TIST by comparison to other airports.

I know- and FeelThere/Nyerges makes it even worse; a few sparse flights in the morning until about 10am and absolutely nothing else. We must ask what was the point of including this airport? And why does Nyerges have to be begged to update the schedule? 

47 minutes ago, pracines said:

I know- and FeelThere/Nyerges makes it even worse; a few sparse flights in the morning until about 10am and absolutely nothing else. We must ask what was the point of including this airport? And why does Nyerges have to be begged to update the schedule? 

I think it was their first airport and was fairly easy to design...but not sure why it was included.  Updating the schedule probably won't change things much. I don't even use it anymore.

11 hours ago, dickparker said:

I think it was their first airport and was fairly easy to design...but not sure why it was included.  Updating the schedule probably won't change things much. I don't even use it anymore.

Updating the schedule to reflect, or at least mimic real world operations will at least live up to the goal of the simulation. TIST as it is now is like a secret military installation that has some people come and go in a restricted block of time and that is it. If the schedule would reflect non scheduled (random) GA ops and also include recent commercial ops schedules for the full 24 period, TIST could be very fun and rewarding. But to just simply abandon TIST because KLAX is available or that KATL will soon be available is not good business. TIST was one of 3 airports included in the base package, surly we should be expecting it to at least be close to real world ops.

I possibly understand why TIST was included; its like a basic C172 (TIST) being included in a flight sim, we have to learn the basics before going on to the 747's (KJFK tower). But to make that C172 (TIST) into a kite (too easy/very boring) is not good for business. The Tower line of products are not doing very well on Steam, but if a little attention to this topic and keyboard shortcuts could be attended to, I'm certain positive reviews and sales will sharply increase for Tower 3D pro. The product has excellent potential.

I know you don't work for FeelThere, and I very much appreciate all your hard work that has gone into all of these ATC programs, as well as the time you take on the forums. FeelThere will not listen to me, but they will likely listen to you. Please consider helping revive TIST from the dead. I realize Nyergens plays a part in this equation, but maybe if you can convince Vic, Vic in turn will convince Nyergens.

If I can master a more realistic TIST at 100%, then I will be able to move up to say KSAN, and then KPHL etc., but as it is now I have little desire to bother...another potential life long supporter, with great zeal, will be lost unnecessarily.

Thank you for any consideration.