The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 "Parameters"

I can't get a grip on the keyboard parameters in FSUIPC. I have taken one of my Axis and set it up to raise gear and lower it for the PMDG 737 NGX, easy enough. Then I read in the manual that you can assign "Key Presses" to an axis. So I setup the axis with 3 events. The top portion of the stroke to raise the gear going "up", the bottom portion to lower the gear going down the center portion to turn the gear off, going down. The gear off is done by key presses - CTRL + G. This is where I don't get it. The key press is set in "Parameters" under "Control sent went range entered" in "This side to send button controls" in "Axis Assignment" tab. In the "Advanced" manual there is a key parameter reference section that is a bit confusing to me. For "CTRL + G" I thought I needed The "parameter" 71 + 2, but it doesn't work. Anyone get how the parameters work, thanks.

The gear off is done by key presses - CTRL + G. This is where I don't get it. The key press is set in "Parameters" under "Control sent went range entered" in "This side to send button controls" in "Axis Assignment" tab. In the "Advanced" manual there is a key parameter reference section that is a bit confusing to me. For "CTRL + G" I thought I needed The "parameter" 71 + 2, but it doesn't work. Anyone get how the parameters work, thanks.

I think the FSUIPC control you must be referring to is the one called "Key press & release". Correct?  In the Advanced User's guide you presumably found this with the following part also present:

(param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)

This means the parameter can be the keycode (which as you found is 71 for 'G') plus 256 times the shift code (which as you also found, is 2 for Control). So, simple arithmetic gives

71 + (256 x 2) = 71 + 512 = 583.

Alternatively, to save that hard sum you could use the "joystick/btton" notation, although it seems inappropriate for this control it still will work. JsBk means the letter 'J' followed by the shift code then the letter 'B' followed by the keycode, so:

J2B71

Regards

Pete

I think the FSUIPC control you must be referring to is the one called "Key press & release". Correct?  In the Advanced User's guide you presumably found this with the following part also present:

(param is Keycode + 256*Shift code, or JsBk)

This means the parameter can be the keycode (which as you found is 71 for 'G') plus 256 times the shift code (which as you also found, is 2 for Control). So, simple arithmetic gives

71 + (256 x 2) = 71 + 512 = 583.

Alternatively, to save that hard sum you could use the "joystick/btton" notation, although it seems inappropriate for this control it still will work. JsBk means the letter 'J' followed by the shift code then the letter 'B' followed by the keycode, so:

J2B71

Regards

Pete

Wow, thanks. I would never have figured that out. Will have to study that more to understand it all. I will try it tonight and let you know.

Pete, thank you very much, it worked perfectly. As you know in the B737 after the gear is raised and locked you need to to turn the gear off to take pressure of the hydraulics. This is accomplished by moving the gear lever half way down. I am using an unused lever in my throttle quadrants as the gear lever, that is why I needed to assign a key press to an axis, again thank you.