The simFlight Network Forums

feelThere E-jet 175

Joel Pinto

Hi, guys

Last week I bought the feelThere Embraer E-jet package and started to get familiar with the airplane. One thing I need to get help with is: Do I have to use SID and STARS or can I simply fly the flight plans as they are created by FS9 and follow FS9 ATC's instructions? How do I do it?

The thing is that, while flying the tutorial included in the aircraft manual I noticed that, when setting up the FMC one needs to enter SID's and STARS for both the departure and arrival airport, and that I do not have.

Your assistance will be truly appreciated :grin:

Hi Joel,

No, you don't really need SIDs or STARS in your simulator world. The tutorial flight is only meant to introduce you to different functions of the Ejets and the FMC. There's a whole lot more under the hood but you don't need to know everything right away (which would be overwhelming).

Not sure about SIDs and STARs included in FS9 as I don't have FS9, but the FSX version of the Ejets did include both in an old AIRAC cycle.