The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON 2012 new sector problem

Amon-Rá

Hello, folks

I hope that you are fine. I created a APP sector including the SBCT and SBBI airports (ICAO code).

For the SBCT airport, I used schedule flights and for SBBI airport I used automatically generated flights.

Here is the problem. The SBBI airport not created the automatically generated flights and for SBCT all flights are generated perfectly.

What I noticed is that the aiport which is already in the airports.txt file  (original file, like SBCT) works with automatically generated flight, but the airports which are inserted manually in the airports.txt file (like SBBI that it dont come with original file) they arent capable of create automatically generated flights.

Furthermore, if I create a flight from SBCT to other airport that I manually created in the airport.txt file, the airplane doesnt fly until arrival airport.

So, the problem is on creation of new airports in the airports.txt file.

Do you have any report of this problem? Could you verifiy this, please?

P.S. I use the Real Traffic for Tracon 2012.

Best regards

Allan

Edited by Amon-Rá

Hello, FeelThere

Please, could you verifiy the problem described in the post above? I show below how it is being registrated in the game.log. I think that it could be a program problem.

Flight plans in the schedule.txt

CWB,CFB,772,UC,1741,18:45,17:05,120,UC       CFB (ICAO SBCB) is a airport created for me. It isnt present in original file airport.txt
CWB,VCP,332,QT,842,18:23,17:04,60,QT           VCP (ICAO SBKP) is a airport that It already comes with original file airport.txt

This is showed in the game.log:

LCO1741    from: SBCT  to:     preferred SID/STAR:  - none
--AIRPLANE: name: LCO1741  icaotype:   type: 772   time: 20:05   from: SBCT   to:    sayname: LAN CARGO ONE SEVEN FOUR ONE   emergency: 0
(Here is the problem. It isn´t considering the destiny airport CFB because is the airport created for me in the airport.txt file. Note that the SID isn´t configured too, even that the SID procedure is in the sidstar_cfg.txt file).

TPA842    from: SBCT  to: SBKP    preferred SID/STAR:  - TUNA ONE
--AIRPLANE: name: TPA842  icaotype:   type: 332   time: 20:04   from: SBCT   to: SBKP   sayname: TAMPA EIGHT FOUR TWO   emergency: 0

(In this case it is referring to the airport that already comes with airport.txt file. See that the SID procedure is configured normally).

Another problem described in the post. I created a airport in the my sector called BFH (ICAO SBBI). It isn´t in original airport.txt file and for this reason it don´t create automatically generated flights.

See how is described in the game.log:

Unknown source airport: - SBBI
Unknown target airport: - SBBI
Unknown source airport: - SBBI
Unknown target airport: - SBBI

If I change the airport name to other that already comes in the original airport.txt file (like SBBE) using the same coordinate, the automatically generated traffic works:

N458MF    from: SBBE  to: SBLO    preferred SID/STAR:  - none
--AIRPLANE: name: N458MF  icaotype:   type: AN6   time: 20:50   from: SBBE   to: SBLO   sayname: FOUR FIVE EIGHT MIKE FOXTROT   emergency: 0
N459EW    from: SUMU  to: SBBE    preferred SID/STAR:  - none
--AIRPLANE: name: N459EW  icaotype:   type: AN4   time: 21:10   from: SUMU   to: SBBE   sayname: FOUR FIVE NINER ECHO WHISKEY   emergency: 0
N799CI    from: SBBE  to: SBCH    preferred SID/STAR:  - none
--AIRPLANE: name: N799CI  icaotype:   type: AN4   time: 22:40   from: SBBE   to: SBCH   sayname: SEVEN NINER NINER CHARLIE INDIA   emergency: 0
N901OS    from: SBIP  to: SBBE    preferred SID/STAR:  - none
--AIRPLANE: name: N901OS  icaotype:   type: AN4   time: 23:45   from: SBIP   to: SBBE   sayname: NINER ZERO ONE OSCAR SIERRA   emergency: 0

Please, consider verify this for we don´t lose the great realism of the simulator.

P.S. The Tracon is the SP1a version.

Regards

Allan

Edited by Amon-Rá

Hello, FeelThere

I appreciate the answer. But it increases some questions:

1 - The editor is supplied with Tracon 2012 and by same producer, correct? Who is the responsible for possible problems with it?

2 - Do you already considered the possibility of this problem to be caused for programming of the base program, what it can require a more detailed verification? See that this problem is very particular to case of creation of new airports. Those that already exist hasn´t got problems.

3 - The question isn´t referring how create scenery, but If there is a reading problem in the correct creation of scenery.

See that like customer, I need to know how I can be protected with possible problems of my product, if this happen.

I hope that you understand

Allan