The simFlight Network Forums

Real Colors KMIA

BillA

Hi, I want to get the real colors KMIA addon and want to know if it will also work for KLAX too since American and other airlines that are included wtih KMIA also fly into KLAX? I know that some aircrafts will not have their represented colors but will it still work for KLAX? I usually control KMIA so that is the reason to buy that one first.

Will there be other packages for KSAN?

Thanks for Tower 2011, has been an amazing tower sim so far. Keep the addons coming

Thanks,

Bill

Hello, Bill

How are you? I think that you wont have problems with it. The airports created for me use airplanes from Real Color and of my own creation. If you use the correct airline corresponding to the correct airplane in the schedule.txt file, you will have the airplanes flying to KLAX (e.g, if you want the B772 of American Airlines in KLAX, you should verify if there is a flight plan in the schedule.txt file with this same airplane and airline).

I hope that this help you.

Allan

Going to see what is going on, but many airliners we missing their colors at KMIA when using Schedule Creator 7, for example united airliners, delta airlines, and some american airlines...when I reverted to my backup default schedule.txt file, then I got all the colors from the airlines. How do I check if United for example is targeting the correct plane with textures? When I checked my airlines.txt in database folder and compare the default schedule.txt with the schedule creator 7's output version I dont see a difference in the mapping of airplanes.

Just verified that British Airways on Schedule Creator 7 was white and on default schedule had its color scheme.  On American Airlines planes some had white and some had the appropriate colors. Need to find out how to check this issue. Would like to use the schedule creator 7 flights.

ok, trying to figure this out..for example I noticed that the 757 did not have AA colors but the 777 did.

so I opened my Airplanes folder in Tower 2011 and I can see some planes for example

737-800_generic_dal.apt

I take it this is the 737-800 for Delta colors...right?

I also see in there

757-200_generic_aal.apt  I take it for American 757-200 colors

Dont see anything for United Airlines

So how do I make sure the current schedule.txt matches to the dedicated planes with correct paints?

Do I need to change my schedule.txt information for example for the AA 757 colors from "752" to "757-200_generic_aal"? Thats seems really time consuming.

Here is my schedule.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9o6bve3zxo4mcv/schedule.txt

Hello, Bill

I dont use the Schedule Creator because I have my own schedule creator for my flight plans. But, what you should see its if you have the same plane, with it paint associated in schedule.txt.

For example, in the case that you mentioned, the Boeing 757-200 of AAL is associated with the 757 airplane and not with 752 in the airplane editor.

This way, you will have to make a flight plan with the 757 airplane, like this sample below:

MIA,LAX,757,AA,324,23:53,21:00,60,AA

But, you can use this livery for B752, just changing the livery for B757 to B752. So, you open the 752 in airplane editor. After, you click on "Add APT" and select the 757-200_generic_aal.apt. Now is ready. Only insert the airline code "AAL" and save.

The boeing 752 will have the livery of AAL.

Now, your schedule is:

MIA,LAX,752,AA,324,23:53,21:00,60,AA

See if this help you.

Allan

Edited by Amon-Rá

Hello, Bill

I dont use the Schedule Creator because I have my own schedule creator for my flight plans. But, what you should see its if you have the same plane, with it paint associated in schedule.txt.

For example, in the case that you mentioned, the Boeing 757-200 of AAL is associated with the 757 airplane and not with 752 in the airplane editor.

This way, you will have to make a flight plan with the 757 airplane, like this sample below:

MIA,LAX,757,AA,324,23:53,21:00,60,AA

But, you can use this livery for B752, just changing the livery for B757 to B752. So, you open the 752 in airplane editor. After, you click on "Add APT" and select the 757-200_generic_aal.apt. Now is ready. Only insert the airline code "AAL" and save.

The boeing 752 will have the livery of AAL.

Now, your schedule is:

MIA,LAX,752,AA,324,23:53,21:00,60,AA

See if this help you.

Allan

Allan, I tried what you said and made sure to add to the 752 the AA paint and added to the american code "AAL".  But did not help.  Even did that to the 772. One thing I did notice is that for some reason the Delta 88 paint now has "AAL" in front of it. Dont know why.

The only way i got the paints to work with the schedule that I have is to actually change all the 752 to read 757 and the 772 to read 777 for AA flights.  And BINGO! now they are all in their AA colors.  Could I have been doing something wrong.  I checked and rechecked everthing and could not find any reason why they would not be mapped with the airplane editor.  The airline Code is right under the buttons for adding the graphics to the planes right?  And then you hit save plane, right?

Thanks

Bill

Hello, Bill

How are you? So, I did a test now and for me all is ok. These was steps that I did:

1 - load the 752.apx through of "Load plane" button;

2 - you will see the list of paints for this airplane (like ual, dal, coa and etc...). Beside this, you see the button "Add APT". Click on it. Find the 757-200_generic_aal.apt.

3 - Now you will see the livery in list, but it will be with "SETME" callsign. You should change it to "AAL". This is done in the field called "Airline (ICAO)" under the buttons "Add TGA", "Add APT" and "Delete". Put the airline code in "Airline (ICAO)" AAL for American Airlines.

4 - Finally, click on "Save plane" and it is done.

I created a false flight from KMIA airport to KLAX and the B752 of American Airlines was showed (see the attached image).

Try again e let´s see if It works.

Allan

post-85508-0-23999500-1393351211_thumb.j