The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON 2012, Wrong STARS

707FAN

Working JFK arrival sector, some aircraft from Asia appear as a Pawling STAR arrival. From the charts, Pawling STAR is for smallish aircraft only. I have modified the sidstar_jfk.txt file to reallocate  ZSPD, RJAA, & RSKI to Lendy 6 arrivals. When the program runs, CES587 from RSKI still comes in on a Pawling Arrival, instead of now coming in on a Lendy6 arrival. I have completely removed the Pawling STAR from the sidstat_jfk.txt file but this still happens.

I can not attach the game.log & the modified sidstar_jfk.txt file as even compressed, they are bigger than 20KB. How do I get around this as well as the first problem?

Any ideas

Kev M

I can not attach the game.log & the modified sidstar_jfk.txt file as even compressed, they are bigger than 20KB. How do I get around this

Kev:

delete the game.log on your computer.  start the game as close to the time where the issue occurs.  this will result in a smaller game.log.

do not upload the sidstar file.

Hi,

I have attached the game.log file in a zip format. Luckilly it just gets in under the 20K limit.

I have rechecked my sidstar_jfk.txt file & can confiorm that the Pawling2 & all its associated origins have been deleted. Also the same origins have been included in the Lendy6 approach.

To my limited IT knowledge, it appears that the program is not picking up the STAR from the sidstar file but possibly from some imbedded code. I might be completely wrong here though. This does not affect playing the sim but it is more of a annoyance than a big problem.

Kev M

Brisbane

Australiagame_log.zip

Edited by Kevin Maizey