#1 dillon

dillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

My heart goes out to all involved with this incident.  The captain was one of our own, a simmer:

Dell T3400 Duo Core 3.33 1333 FSB
Windows 7 SP1
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 w/1gig Memory
4gigs RAM

iflygroundld.jpg

#2 Hoorf

Hoorf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSeattle Metro

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

I remember when KAL 007 disappeared 30-plus years ago and it became the world's biggest mystery for that time: a 747 vanishing into thin air. Then I remember a couple days later, when the Soviets said they shot it down...and the shock, the alarm and the panic everywhere. People were aghast: could this be an act of war? Could it lead to such? We were all on pins & needles for days. But, in the end, the truth came out, the facts were made known, Reagan opened up the military's then-exclusive GPS navigation network to airliners, life moved on. Now it's a bigger mystery with an almost-equally-large aircraft with 30-odd fewer people...and a longer vanish time. I've had to shut out a lot of people who seem to dwell on it, because it's all turning into overblown theories and even conspiracy-theories, a nauseating guessing game, with people insulting one another over theories. As grievous as it all is, I'm just gonna shut up, hope for the best/prepare for the worst, live my life and do what I do until the news comes out. Then, if needed, I will mourn. I hope it doesn't come to that; it's bad enough on its own, and more so with the added stress of the Washington State/Oso/530 Landslide nearby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket