The simFlight Network Forums

Weather.dll Problem - FSUIPC4.DLL

Recently, FSX crashed during a flight with Active Sky Next (ASN) running.  After the crash, anytime I would start a flight (without ASN) it would crash (usually during initialization (PMDG products & FSX default planes).  I tried all the standard items you have suggested in other posts like deleting the .wx files, etc., to no avail.

Today, I removed FSX, ALL my addons and reloaded everything one at a time.  After each re-install, I ran a FSX PMDG flight (with NO ASN running) to verify no errors.  Everything was fine until I loaded FSUIPC and now I'm getting the Weather.dll error again! 

I removed the FSUIPC4.dll file from the FSX Modules folder and the crash disappeared!

So, I can confidently say, after nine plus hours of reloading, the problem is with FSUIPC and I don't have a solution and need someone to tell me what is wrong and how to fix it!  This site wouldn't permit me to attached the FSUIPC.log file so I've added it below the error.

Here's the error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: weather.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb59

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0001542f

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Log text********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.929 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 8
Module base=609F0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       32 System time = 15/03/2014 15:31:49
       32 FLT path = "C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
       79 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
       94 FS path = "C:\FSX\"
      469 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      469 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      469 Wind smoothing may be by ASN, not FSUIPC, if it is running
      469 Will switch smoothing action when ASN starts/stops
      469 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      469 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      469 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
     1313 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     1313 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     1313 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     1329 C:\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
     1329 C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    27344 C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-900NGX WL\B737-900WL.AIR
   120797 System time = 15/03/2014 15:33:50, Simulator time = 18:31:52 (23:31Z)
   125422 Starting everything now ...

Thanks.

Dave

So, I can confidently say, after nine plus hours of reloading, the problem is with FSUIPC and I don't have a solution and need someone to tell me what is wrong and how to fix it!  This site wouldn't permit me to attached the FSUIPC.log file so I've added it below the error.

No, it is certainly not an "FSUIPC problem". You either have a corrupted wxstationlist.bin file, or the WX file being loaded with your default flight is corrupted. The only reason it only crashes with FSUIPC running is that FSUIPC is probably the only application on your system which is reading FSX weather via SimConnect. It starts doing that immediately after the last line you see in its log.

The files I mentioned are binary, not text, and are read by FSX without adequate checking. Best to just delete them. If you are using a weather program such as ASN you don't need the saved weather files (.WX) in your documents "Flight Simulator X Files" folder in any case. The wxstationlist file in in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file. If gets updated by FSX fairly often and can get corrupted just like any other file being written. If you delete it a default one will be copied there from the FSX Weather folder.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Peter for educating me.  Don't quite understand what is repeatedly corrupting my wxstationlist.bin, uiautomationcore and .wx files but it's getting old.  I think I'm going to have to convert to WIN 7.0 from 8.0 as these reoccurring problems are very frustrating and carry with it very time consuming recovery requirements. 

I'll give your instructions a try and hope they work although I've tried them before an it didn't work.

Again, thanks very much for your reply.

Dave

I'll give your instructions a try and hope they work although I've tried them before an it didn't work.

There's no other components that I know of which will cause these crashes -- maybe it's your WEATHER.DLL which is actually corpt, so you could try repairing that.

You can stop FSUIPC reading or writing any weather. Of course any applications you may be using which relies on FSUIPC weather information won't then get it, but if you want to resort to such methods instead of getting FSX working correctly the way to do this is to set the WeatherReadFactor value in FSUIPC4.INI to zero.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Pete Dowson,

Just wanted to thank you for the advice above and in another of your posts.  I had the FSX "crashes all the time" problem.   The control panel event viewer told me that the problem involved the weather.dll file, but I had no idea how to fix it.  Based on what you said, I deleted all the .wx flies in my documents folder, and I also deleted the wxstationlist.bin file.  And, voila! FSX is running again.  This is certainly not intuitive and I'm totally perplexed as to how you figured this out, but I am very grateful.   I'm flying again!  Thanks.