The simFlight Network Forums

Axis assignement in FSUIPC AND FSX

Hi,

It's difficult for me to test it, so I prefer to ask with a very simple example.

As you certainly know, Aerosoft Huey need to assign joystick axis directly into FSX without using any FSUIPC data.

My problem : I delete all axis entries in FSX to use ONLY FSUIPC axis data.

My question : is it possible to keep axis assignement in FSX TOGETHER WITH FSUIPC assignement ? I wonder if FSUIPC would overwrite the FSX axis if programmed... That's all.

So I could set a Airplane specific in FSUIPC for Huey by deleting all axis entries knowing that for the other airplanes FSUIPC will override...

Cheers

Daniel

As you certainly know, Aerosoft Huey need to assign joystick axis directly into FSX without using any FSUIPC data.

No, sorry, I didn't know that.

My question : is it possible to keep axis assignement in FSX TOGETHER WITH FSUIPC assignement ? I wonder if FSUIPC would overwrite the FSX axis if programmed... That's all.

No, it cannot do that. Joystick scanning, like all USB stuff, allows multiple users and there's nothing FSUIPC can do, without hooking into Windows drivers, to prevent it reading axes itself.

So I could set a Airplane specific in FSUIPC for Huey by deleting all axis entries knowing that for the other airplanes FSUIPC will override...

No. Best just to initially do axis assignments for your general case, in FSUIPC, non-specific, then add the Profile-specific needs afterwards.

Pete

I have a question that is very closely related to this topic, so I am starting here rather than a new tread.

I have recently started into watercrafts on FSX and would like to assign my yoke for steering  instead of using rudder pedals.

I have just gone over the User Documentation and would kike to confirm that I am interpreting this right.

In order to assign the rudder function to my yoke (x axis) for my watercraft, I would need to remove the aileron and rudder axis from my FSX controls and then go to FSUIPC, assign the yoke and rudder to their proper axis for non- specific profile, then re-assign my yoke (x axis) to rudder axis for my watercraft profile.

Is it that simple, or am I missing something?

I am using FSUIPC V4.86  on FSX and window 7 OS

Michel E Paquette

Edited by ME Paquette

I have recently started into watercrafts on FSX and would like to assign my yoke for steering  instead of using rudder pedals.

You mean like the "auto-rudder" option in FS, for those without rudders?

In order to assign the rudder function to my yoke (x axis) for my watercraft, I would need to remove the aileron and rudder axis from my FSX controls and then go to FSUIPC, assign the yoke and rudder to their proper axis for non- specific profile, then re-assign my yoke (x axis) to rudder axis for my watercraft profile.

Is it that simple, or am I missing something?

That's pretty much correct, excepting I would strongly recommend actually disabling controllers in FS, rather than simply unassigning those specific axes, because FS has a horrible habit of automatically reassigning axes (and buttons) fromtime to time. To be safe you should either assign all axes and buttons in FS, or all in FSUIPC.

I am using FSUIPC V4.86  on FSX and window 7 OS

Please update. That version is pretty old now and not supported. Current is 4.929.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your responses.

On your first response: “ auto-rudder” option

That is what I am using presently, but it means going back to change everytime I change form plane to watercraft.

On the second response: disabling controller.

I suspect I would need to disable both the yoke/quadrant and the pedals?  A bit more work than I was hoping for, but doable.

On third response: update

I will do that before starting on anything else.

Thank you

Michel E Paquette

I suspect I would need to disable both the yoke/quadrant and the pedals?  A bit more work than I was hoping for, but doable.

I think it is all or nothing. It's a long time since I looked, but the enable or disable controllers button applies to them all I think.

Pete