The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot get FUIPC4 to work after reinstall

Hi,

I cannot get FUIPC after reinstalling FSX on a new SSD drive. It was working previously in the (x86) folder.

I downloaded the latest version (4.93) once I had installed FSX onto the new drive and installed this. since then everytime I try to open FSX the message as described in the FAQ post comes up and FSX will not open. I know the FAQ  says to keep trying but honestly for how long, a day (tried that allready), a week , a year........

I have tried the dll loader, yes FSX opens no problem but FSUIPC not present on the menu bar so thats no good either. (tried solution for this problem as well, no joy)

the .ini file in modules was empty, i guess because it hasn't run yet. I tried kick starting it by copying a portion of the entry from a backup I had made previously and then tried the "initdelay" idea as well but still no joy.

FSUIPC was the first program which I tried to install on the new drive so there should be no problems with interference.

Then I tried to install REX overdrive and REX Essential. Overdrive works, Essential dosen't, exactly as before the reinstall!

Still no FUIPC

Frustrating

I downloaded the latest version (4.93) once I had installed FSX onto the new drive and installed this.

Please try 4.931. There was a bug in 4.93 and it was replaced within hours.

since then everytime I try to open FSX the message as described in the FAQ post comes up and FSX will not open.

By "will not open" can you explain, please. Does it crash or hang? If it crashes I need the details from the Windows even log.

I have tried the dll loader, yes FSX opens no problem but FSUIPC not present on the menu bar

The is probably a different matter. For that I'd need to know whether a LOG file was produced or not. FSUIPC might be loading but having other difficulties.

There should also be an Install log in the Modules folder. I'd need to see that too.

But before anything please install 4.931.

Pete