The simFlight Network Forums

LVar Inc syntax

First post, and I'm a FSUIPC virgin so be gentle.

I'm looking to interface my dads SAITEK Multi panel with the Posky 777.

I set the rotary switch clockwise it sends the appropriate virtual joystick to FSX. FSUIPC is recognising the button. I've created a macro file and this appears in my list. I've exposed the L:Vars....

I use the set option I.e. L:AP_ALT=Set,9000 this works fine.... it sets the altitude to 9000

When I use the increment L:AP_ALT=Inc,1000 this doesn't work. I've fiddled with the parameter option too... I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

When I use the increment L:AP_ALT=Inc,1000 this doesn't work. I've fiddled with the parameter option too... I'm stumped.

As documented, the parameter value gives the upper limit. The increment is always 1. If the altitude is already set >= 1000 your macro can't do anything. If it is less than 1000 it will try to increase it by 1, but I expect the altitude is rounded down to the nearest 50 or 100 in any case.

The INC and DEC options are really intended to operate multiway switches, not operating values like altitudes.

The only way to increment an L:Var by 1000 would be to have a little Lua plug-in which reads the value, adds 1000, and writes it back.

Regards

Pete

Pete, I read the documentation, my work thus far was from solely your documentation - I didn't quite get the stab of what you meant in your documentation. So I did the RTFM, I just didn't U(nderstand)TFM.

I will have a look at Lua 

Thanks for clarifying this. :)