The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737NGX, Flaps, and FSUIPC

I'm using Win 8.1 Pro x64, FSX w/Accel Pack, the PMDG 737-800NGX, a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.929, and the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle quadrant properly set up in FSUIPC to use the Flaps Axis and calibrated accordingly. All axis settings inside the FSX control settings have been deleted.  FSUIPC controls all yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedal axis.

We ran across a problem using our virtual airlines ACARS in that the ACARS was reporting that I was using Flaps 40 on takeoff when I actually was using Flaps 1. Just to see what I am sending out, I installed Monitor FSUIPC Data and took a look at the flaps data as I cycled through the flaps positions.  Even though flaps movement and indicators in-game were perfectly normal, there were situations where FSUIPC jumped up to Flaps 40 and Flaps Handle Index 8 out of sequence. (There are 9 handle index positions on the 737NGX: 0 through 8).  The most common flaps settings where the disconnect occurs are flaps 10 and flaps 30. So starting with flaps up, I will usually see a flaps handle index progression of 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, 5, 6, 8, 8.  Other combinations have been encountered (including the "Flaps 40 when I'm at Flaps 1" indication), but the progression above is the most common.

Keep in mind that throughout all of this, the flaps on the plane have been setting correctly and the cockpit indicators have ben positioning correctly using the Saitek throttle quadrant. It's only the information reported by FSUIPC that appears out of synch with what's actually happening.

I can provide screen shots of what Monitor FSUIPC Data is reporting for each flaps position if you need them.

I'm using Win 8.1 Pro x64, FSX w/Accel Pack, the PMDG 737-800NGX, a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.929, and the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle quadrant properly set up in FSUIPC to use the Flaps Axis and calibrated accordingly. All axis settings inside the FSX control settings have been deleted.  FSUIPC controls all yoke, throttle quadrant, and rudder pedal axis.

Two points to make there. First version 4.929 is superseded and unsupported. Currently supported versions are 4.934 and later. Second, it is often not enough to delete assignments in FS -- unless you actually disable controllers in FS, it can automatically make default reassignments. If you simply disable controllers you need not delete anything, so it is easier in any case.

We ran across a problem using our virtual airlines ACARS in that the ACARS was reporting that I was using Flaps 40 on takeoff when I actually was using Flaps 1. Just to see what I am sending out, I installed Monitor FSUIPC Data and took a look at the flaps data as I cycled through the flaps positions.  Even though flaps movement and indicators in-game were perfectly normal, there were situations where FSUIPC jumped up to Flaps 40 and Flaps Handle Index 8 out of sequence.

FSUIPC can't actually do this. It isneither in control of flaps nor responsible for reporting on them. Your assignments to flaps axis or flaps controls are responsible for setting the flaps and FS reports on their positions which values FSUIPC merely exposes in its offsets.

Keep in mind that throughout all of this, the flaps on the plane have been setting correctly and the cockpit indicators have ben positioning correctly using the Saitek throttle quadrant. It's only the information reported by FSUIPC that appears out of synch with what's actually happening.

Okay, so the inputs are correct. The values reported by FSUIPC are those reported to it by FS (or in the case of FSX, SimConnect). Of course, with the PMDG NGX you might actually not be reading the FSX values but those for NGX. I don't know if the NGX uses the FSX flaps or not. But in any case the offset area provided for NGX is simply a direct copy, a gateway in effect, to the data provided by the NGX code.

I don't have the PMDG aircraft installed (well, at least not a working copy), so i can't check, but you don't even mention the offsets being read. That could be crucial.

I can provide screen shots of what Monitor FSUIPC Data is reporting for each flaps position if you need them.

No, there is no point, because FSUIPC only reports what it gets. It doesn't go around inventing data of its own accord. It is merely a window into whatever provides the data.

If your problem is with the data provided by PMDG in its client Data area for the PMDG then you really need tho go to the PMDG support forum. If it is the FSX data which is incorrect then I would hazard a guess that the PMDG aircraft doen't make normal use of the inbuilt FSX flaps mechanism. You can check for either of these by testing with the default FSX 738.

Pete

All valid points.  First, I will update to the current FSUIPC and re-run the tests.  I'll report back here my results.

Okay. In particular, if you could identify what offset, if indeed it is an FSUIPC offset, which that ACARS program is reading.

Pete

Can't seem to get FSUIPC to activate in FSX.  Installation seemed to work fine and I got the "Installed Successfully" message, but when I start FSX I'm not seeing FSUIPC under AddOns.

The DLL.XML file has two entries for FSUIPC4:

dllxml.PNG

Can't seem to get FSUIPC to activate in FSX.  Installation seemed to work fine and I got the "Installed Successfully" message, but when I start FSX I'm not seeing FSUIPC under AddOns.

The DLL.XML file has two entries for FSUIPC4:

I can't make head nor tail of that picture. What does it mean?

The DLL/XML file is a plain text file. Just paste it into a message.

Installing an updated version wouldn't change the DLL.XML, though it might try to correct it and possibly fail if it was already a mess.

The other clue is whether an FSUIPC4.LOG is generated when FSX starts.

Pete

I can't make head nor tail of that picture. What does it mean?

The DLL/XML file is a plain text file. Just paste it into a message.

Installing an updated version wouldn't change the DLL.XML, though it might try to correct it and possibly fail if it was already a mess.

The other clue is whether an FSUIPC4.LOG is generated when FSX starts.

Pete

It's a screenshot of an XML editor. Looks like two entries.

Cheers!

Luke

Okay. In particular, if you could identify what offset, if indeed it is an FSUIPC offset, which that ACARS program is reading.

Pete

(Argh. Forum ate my first post!)

I'm reading 30F0 and 30F4, adding them together than shifting right 9 bits for an average flaps value. Since PMDG and most add-ons do something funky I also adjust the flaps based on the values than FSX reports. I can provide those ranges if it helps.

Cheers!

Luke

It's a screenshot of an XML editor. Looks like two entries.

I need to see the file. I've no idea how to interpret that "screenshot". It's a text file, I can see if it is correct from the text, not a screenshot.

Was a LOG file produced?

Pete

I'm reading 30F0 and 30F4, adding them together than shifting right 9 bits for an average flaps value. Since PMDG and most add-ons do something funky I also adjust the flaps based on the values than FSX reports. I can provide those ranges if it helps.

Those values are direct from the SimConnect variables "TRAILING EDGE FLAPS0 LEFT ANGLE" and "TRAILING EDGE FLAPS0 RIGHT ANGLE". If you monitor those offsets using FSUIPC's monitor facilities (Logging tab), as type U16, you'll see the original SimConnect values which are received (in floating point) as well as FSUIPC's conversion into U16 format (for compatibility with FS98 through to FS9).

I've no idea whether the PMDG flaps implementation uses all of the FSX flaps simulation or does its own thing, but I've looked at the data it provides in its Client Data and all that gives are left and right needle positions, for the flaps gauge.

The input from the control, if it is an FSX control, goes to offset 0BDC, and the results are in 0BE0 and 0BE4.  You can also get the actual index to the position, 0-8 in this case, in offset 0BFC. Do all these also show such wonky behaviour? Are you getting the problem with all aircraft or only the PMDG NGX?

Pete

The input from the control, if it is an FSX control, goes to offset 0BDC, and the results are in 0BE0 and 0BE4.  You can also get the actual index to the position, 0-8 in this case, in offset 0BFC. Do all these also show such wonky behaviour? Are you getting the problem with all aircraft or only the PMDG NGX?

Pete

I'll let the OP answer here, but so long as one is not using a joystick axis, the data appears to correct. I am in the process of reinstalling my PMDG737X and I will validate later this weekend.

Cheers!

Luke

According to the PMDG 737NGX SDK documentation, only the Flaps dial has special coding.  All controls not listed in the pertinent .h file use standard SimConnect access procedures. Therefore all other flaps functions should be using standard SimConnect offsets.

I've deleted the two entries for FSUIPC from the DLL.XML file and then re-installed FSUIPC.  There is now just the one entry at the bottom of DLL.XML.

I'm at a bit of a standstill right now, though, as I can't get FSUIPC to load.

A log file was not produced because the program says it installed correctly.  I did a RE-install and forced a log file to be created, but there's nothing in there to indicate there was a problem:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.934

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
SetupPath="C:\FSX\"
Checking version of the FSX EXE:
... Version 10.0.61637.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
       C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... Version 4.934 found.
FSX Modules folder already exists.
Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
... found as "C:\Users\Larry\AppData\Roaming"
Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Larry\AppData\Roaming"
Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Larry\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.
     (for FSUIPC4, without Loader)
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No FSX.CFG there
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX and P3D controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay
   Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
   Installed "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" okay
   Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" okay
===========================================================

All installer tasks completed.

*************** End of Install Log ***************
Edited by Fadamor

Those values are direct from the SimConnect variables "TRAILING EDGE FLAPS0 LEFT ANGLE" and "TRAILING EDGE FLAPS0 RIGHT ANGLE". If you monitor those offsets using FSUIPC's monitor facilities (Logging tab), as type U16, you'll see the original SimConnect values which are received (in floating point) as well as FSUIPC's conversion into U16 format (for compatibility with FS98 through to FS9).

I've no idea whether the PMDG flaps implementation uses all of the FSX flaps simulation or does its own thing, but I've looked at the data it provides in its Client Data and all that gives are left and right needle positions, for the flaps gauge.

Pete

Once I get FSUIPC back to where it loads with FSX, I'll check those offsets.  Here's the current dll.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FsPassengersX</Name>
    <Path>FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 757 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\757\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
    <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Once I get FSUIPC back to where it loads with FSX, I'll check those offsets.  Here's the current dll.xml file:

The DLl.xML and the FSUIPC4 Install log both look okay, so there's something telling SimConnect not to load FSUIPC4. Check the FSX.CFG file and delete any lines in the [Trust] section mentioning FSUIPC4.

If that doesn't help I'll need a SimConnect log. There are instructions in a thread in the FAQ subforum which tell you how to get one of those.

Pete

Will do.

Found and deleted the following mentions of FSUIPC in the [Trusted] section of FSX.CFG:

C:\FSX\Modules\Fsuipc4.dll.bctzzqowlenthaoclzohzoconhtcnhqbbbciolcr=1

C:\FSX\Modules\Fsuipc4.dll.ulwzoocwbtkckqrktqreqbelllnekehwiwzonuck=1

C:\FSX\Modules\Fsuipc4.dll.tbakrhlcwqwiqtihqttzziuntbqutlnoiwooqoio=1

C:\FSX\Modules\Fsuipc4.dll.citbwaouhkrbnktubhttiuwlqiuqwwebntowiezc=-1

FSUIPC still not showing in add-ons.  That last FSUIPC4 entry in [Trusted] keeps reappearing after I've started FSX.  I never get prompted whether I should trust FSUIPC4 or not.

Proceeding to get the simconnect log built.

EDIT: Actually, found something from Boris the Spider in your FAQs that applies to me regarding a registry setting in HKEY_Current_User.  Testing it now.

EDIT 2: YES!  FSUIPC now is trusted and hopeffully nothing else gets automatically marked "untrusted" without first asking me!  FSUIPC now shows in Add-Ons.

Pete

Here is the Offset, Raw, and Calculated PMDG 737NGX data for various Flaps-related stuff in FSUIPC.  Screen shots were taken after the flaps had finished moving to their commanded position.  The flaps position dial in the upper right corner of the picture and the flaps handle provide confirmation that the displayed FSUIPC data corresponds to that particular flaps setting. The positions that were "wonky" on this test run were Flaps 10 and Flaps 30 (Flaps handle Index 4 and 7, respectively):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%200.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%201.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%202.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%205.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%2010.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%2015.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%2025.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%2030.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/Flaps%2040.PNG

For reference, PMDG has the following angles listed in the comments for the aircraft.cfg file:

flaps-position.0= 0.000                  // pseudo-degrees

flaps-position.1= 8.888                  // 1

flaps-position.2=18.333                  // 2

flaps-position.3=25.000                  // 5

flaps-position.4=31.111                  // 10

flaps-position.5=33.333                  // 15

flaps-position.6=35.000                  // 25

flaps-position.7=36.666                  // 30

flaps-position.8=40.000                  // 40

Now I will do a similar test in the CaptainSim 757-200

EDIT: There was no "disconnect" between the flaps settings in the aircraft and the FSUIPC-reported flaps settings for the CS 757-200. So now I guess we're looking at this being a PMDG issue?

C:\FSX\Modules\Fsuipc4.dll.citbwaouhkrbnktubhttiuwlqiuqwwebntowiezc=-1

EDIT: Actually, found something from Boris the Spider in your FAQs that applies to me regarding a registry setting in HKEY_Current_User.  Testing it now.

EDIT 2: YES!  FSUIPC now is trusted and hopeffully nothing else gets automatically marked "untrusted" without first asking me!  FSUIPC now shows in Add-Ons.

Yes, the =-1 tells FSX not to load it.

I hadn't noticed that Registry item. I shall add code to the Installer to check for that one and correct it. I already did this for another, an "IgnoreFreeLibrary" parameter in

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Thanks for letting me know.

[EDIT]

I checked my Registry, and the "State" parameter (0x23C00) is in the path you you give but further down: WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing. Is that so for you? I'll need to know if this is variable in order to automatically fix it.

Pete

Here is the Offset, Raw, and Calculated PMDG 737NGX data for various Flaps-related stuff in FSUIPC.  Screen shots were taken after the flaps had finished moving to their commanded position.  The flaps position dial in the upper right corner of the picture and the flaps handle provide confirmation that the displayed FSUIPC data corresponds to that particular flaps setting. The positions that were "wonky" on this test run were Flaps 10 and Flaps 30 (Flaps handle Index 4 and 7, respectively):

EDIT: There was no "disconnect" between the flaps settings in the aircraft and the FSUIPC-reported flaps settings for the CS 757-200. So now I guess we're looking at this being a PMDG issue?

Possibly. But your "wonky" values do show a spiked input in the axis control connected offset, 0BDC -- 16383 is maximum flaps control input to FS.

I can interpret log files far easier than trying to work with loads of screen shots. Please PLEASE, do you think you could possibly actually try to use the built in logging and monitoring features in FSUIPC to supply simple logs?  Enable Axis and Event logging and monitor the offsets in FSUIPC's monitoring facilities, to "normal log". Then show me the result for each flap setting sequentially -- i.e. one log, no pictures please!

It will also be relevant to know how you are assigning and calibrating the flaps, exactly.

Pete

Yes, the =-1 tells FSX not to load it.

I hadn't noticed that Registry item. I shall add code to the Installer to check for that one and correct it. I already did this for another, an "IgnoreFreeLibrary" parameter in

HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Thanks for letting me know.

[EDIT]

I checked my Registry, and the "State" parameter (0x23C00) is in the path you you give but further down: WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing. Is that so for you? I'll need to know if this is variable in order to automatically fix it.

Pete

Yes that's where it was for me.  I didn't see the key he mentioned at the level he mentioned,  so I continued drilling down and I saw the code that automatically untrusts software at the "Software Publishing" level. I changed that key to 0x23c00 in addition to changing the FSUIPC4 entry to "1".  When I re-started FSX, I received a couple of additional trust queries regarding my CS 767 install, so changing that registry key seems to have worked.

Possibly. But your "wonky" values do show a spiked input in the axis control connected offset, 0BDC -- 16383 is maximum flaps control input to FS.

I can interpret log files far easier than trying to work with loads of screen shots. Please PLEASE, do you think you could possibly actually try to use the built in logging and monitoring features in FSUIPC to supply simple logs?  Enable Axis and Event logging and monitor the offsets in FSUIPC's monitoring facilities, to "normal log". Then show me the result for each flap setting sequentially -- i.e. one log, no pictures please!

It will also be relevant to know how you are assigning and calibrating the flaps, exactly.

Pete

Axis Assignment and Calibration (Flaps):

1.) I enter FSX, select FSUIPC from the Add-Ons menu, then select the Axis Assignment tab.

2.) I move the lever I want to use for flaps control and verify FSUIPC detects a joystick axis in motion. While slowly moving the lever through its range (except for the "reverser" area at the bottom) I watch the raw data and make sure there's no obvious spikes or dropouts.  With the handle in the up position (i.e. flaps 0) raw data is 16383 or thereabouts. In the down position (flaps 40) raw data is -16384 or thereabouts.

3.) In the "Type of action required" field on the bottom left, I set the first check box and assign it to "Axis Flaps Set".

4.) I then select the Joystick Calibration tab and move to page 6 of 10: "Trim, spoilers and flaps".

5.) I verify that the Flap Details section has correct information for the aircraft I have loaded. In this case, it's "Boeing 737-832NGX Delta Airlines Winglets", 9 detents, and an increment of 4094.

6.) I "Reset", then "Set" the Flaps settings to ensure a clean slate, then once again move the lever through its range to make sure data is being recieved.

7.) The right-hand value already is set, but I reset it anyway with the lever in the up (Flaps 0) position.  After doing so, it is set to 16383.

8.) The left-hand value reads "0".  I move the lever to the bottom (Flaps 40) position then click on the left-hand "Set" button. The value under that button now reads -16384.

9.) I check the "Reverse" checkbox, but leave the "Filter" checkbox and the "Dt" button alone.

10.) Click OK to exit FSUIPC

Log of flaps positions. (Note: Starts at Flaps 0, then sequences down to Flaps 40, then sequences back up. On the return trip I raised the handle too far while at flaps 2 and so flaps 1 was skipped on the return trip.)

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.934 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Larry ***********"

User Addr="**********@comcast.net"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

1899671 System time = 01/06/2014 08:55:56, Simulator time = 11:54:14 (16:54Z)

[Continuation log requested by user]

Running inside FSX on Windows 8

Module base=5E210000

1899671 LogOptions changed, now 30000000 00000001

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 13170 (0x00003372) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 9076 (0x00002374) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 4982 (0x00001376) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 888 (0x00000378) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 888 (0x00000378) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 4982 (0x00001376) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 9076 (0x00002374) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 13170 (0x00003372) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 16384 (0x00004000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 16384 (0x00004000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1899828 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1899875 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1899906 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1899953 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1899984 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1900031 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69970 (0x00011152), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69970>

1900390 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900421 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900468 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900468 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900515 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900546 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900593 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1900625 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 69968 (0x00011150), Param= 4194304 (0x00400000)  <69968>

1906671 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1906703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FLAPS_SET

1906703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= 888 (0x00000378) FLAPS_SET

1966718 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET

1990125 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 90 secs = 32.1 fps

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

2010765 System time = 01/06/2014 08:57:47, Simulator time = 11:55:44 (16:55Z)

2010765 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 118 secs = 31.2 fps

G3D fix: Passes 26577, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 58 Allocs, 57 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Well, the assignment method is a little deeper than I needed. I just wanted to know if you assigned in FSUIPC and if to by what method and to which control.

The log is unfortunately no use because you haven't monitored the offsets as I requested -- see the right-hand side of the Logging tab.

Pete

I wasn't sure what data types to use, so I left them at S8. This log is too large to paste. (Firefox locks up) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59191044/FSUIPC4.log

Oh dear. S8 = signed 8-bit byte, range -128 to +127! No use for any of the offsets being used, except maybe the handle index 0-8. The others are all 2 byte, or 16 bit, so an S16 type would be correct. I'm afraid your log is useless again. :-(

And the reason the log is so big is that you are logging the current flaps angles as they are changing. They aren't relevant -- we are trying to track down the control input jumping. Just monitor

0BDC as S16

0BFC as U8

for each of the flap notches, with the axis and event logging still enabled.

Pete

Got it.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.934 by Pete Dowson *********
User Name="Larry *********"
User Addr="**************@comcast.net"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
   165156 System time = 01/06/2014 13:22:50, Simulator time = 11:54:45 (16:54Z)
[Continuation log requested by user]
Running inside FSX on Windows 8
Module base=5E210000
   165156 LogOptions changed, now 30000000 00000001
   177156 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177641 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177672 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177703 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177734 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177766 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177828 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177859 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65678 (0x0001008e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_REAR
   177891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66147 (0x00010263), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RESET
   179156 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179656 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179703 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179734 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179766 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179828 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179859 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   179937 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66147 (0x00010263), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RESET
   180391 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65676 (0x0001008c), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RIGHT
   180500 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66147 (0x00010263), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RESET
   180922 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181437 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181469 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181516 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181547 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181578 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181625 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181672 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   181672 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66147 (0x00010263), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RESET
   182156 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65674 (0x0001008a), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_FORWARD
   182234 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66147 (0x00010263), Param= 0 (0x00000000) VIEW_RESET
   186453 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 16000 (0x00003e80) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   186453 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   191812 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   191844 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 2048
   191844 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 12.5000019455
   191844 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 1
   191844 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 1
   191844 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) FLAPS_SET
   191844 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= 888 (0x00000378) FLAPS_SET
   191891 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 0
   191891 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 0
   191891 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 0
   191891 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
   213297 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   213328 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 4096
   213328 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 25.0000039209
   213328 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 2
   213328 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 2
   223891 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   223922 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 6144
   223922 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 37.5000078781
   223922 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 3
   223922 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 3
   232906 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 888 (0x00000378) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   232953 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 8192
   232953 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 50.0000079013
   232953 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 4
   232953 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 4
   232953 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) FLAPS_SET
   232984 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 16383
   232984 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 100.000015922
   232984 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 8
   232984 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 8
   236250 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) FLAPS_SET
   243734 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 4982 (0x00001376) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   243766 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 10239
   243766 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 62.5000079246
   243766 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 5
   243766 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 5
   255062 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 9076 (0x00002374) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   255094 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 12287
   255094 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 75.0000158753
   255094 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 6
   255094 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 6
   262062 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 13170 (0x00003372) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   262062 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) FLAPS_SET
   262094 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 16383
   262094 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
   262094 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 8
   262094 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
   271516 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 16384 (0x00004000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   282156 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 13170 (0x00003372) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   282156 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) FLAPS_SET
   285687 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) FLAPS_SET
   290906 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 9076 (0x00002374) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   290953 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 12287
   290953 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 75.0000158753
   290953 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 6
   290953 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 6
   299922 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 4982 (0x00001376) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   299969 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 10239
   299969 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 62.5000079246
   299969 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 5
   299969 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 5
   308344 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= 888 (0x00000378) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   308344 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) FLAPS_SET
   308375 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 16383
   308375 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
   308375 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 8
   308375 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
   317328 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   317375 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 6144
   317375 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 37.5000078781
   317375 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 3
   317375 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 3
   330406 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -7300 (0xffffe37c) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   330437 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 4096
   330437 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 25.0000039209
   330437 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 2
   330437 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 2
   330469 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= -3206 (0xfffff37a) FLAPS_SET
   330484 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 16383
   330484 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
   330484 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 8
   330484 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
   338234 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -11394 (0xffffd37e) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   338250 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 2048
   338250 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
            FLT64: 12.5000019455
   338250 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 1
   338250 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
            FLT64: 1
   347062 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66534 (0x000103e6), Param= -16384 (0xffffc000) AXIS_FLAPS_SET
   347094 Monitor IPC:0BDC (S16) = 0
   347094 SimRead: 0BDC="FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT"
   347094 Monitor IPC:0BFC (U8) = 0
   347094 SimRead: 0BFC="FLAPS HANDLE INDEX"
   347094 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65698 (0x000100a2), Param= 888 (0x00000378) FLAPS_SET
   365328 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66587 (0x0001041b), Param= 979 (0x000003d3) ROTOR_BRAKE
   365328 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66162 (0x00010272), Param= 3 (0x00000003) COWLFLAP1_SET
   365375 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66587 (0x0001041b), Param= 979 (0x000003d3) ROTOR_BRAKE
   365375 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66162 (0x00010272), Param= 3 (0x00000003) COWLFLAP1_SET
   365406 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66587 (0x0001041b), Param= 979 (0x000003d3) ROTOR_BRAKE
   365406 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 66162 (0x00010272), Param= 3 (0x00000003) COWLFLAP1_SET
   368828 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 203 secs = 31.6 fps
   374484 LogOptions changed, now 00000000 00000001
   386391 System time = 01/06/2014 13:26:31, Simulator time = 11:58:14 (16:58Z)
   386391 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 268 secs = 30.7 fps
G3D fix: Passes 26612, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 127 Allocs, 127 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

As you can see, Flaps Handle Index is registering "8" when it shouldn't.  This tracks with what we were seeing initially and with the FSUIPC Monitor program.