The simFlight Network Forums

ATC sectors coordinates

criverod2003

I´m preparing a new airspace (Gran Canaria approach) including two airports (GCLP and GCLB). I'm almost done, but there are three details left:

1) I can't find the limits of the sector and the sectors surrounding it. I know the frequencies, but not the exact coordinates.

2) I can't find the names of the VORs "GDV" and "LPC". In some lists both are listed as "Gran Canaria", but obviously I need to differentiate them somehow.

3) I don't understand the mechanics of the local flights (gaandlocaltraffic.txt). I need it to have flights on GCLB, which is not used by airliners.

The rest (runways, SIDs, STARs, waypoints, updated real flights...) is already done, so I'll be really thankful if someone could help me finish it.

Sin_t_tulo_1.jpg

Not sure if this will help ... but there you go ... i noticed the two VOR's you were looking for ...

i'm still wondering how you managed to get as far as you did with creating the air space !!!!attachicon.gifGran Canaria.bmp

Thank you! That should help with the limits of the sectors.

I started with this example:

I've done most of the work with the airspace editor, but editing the code was also necessary at some points. It's not easy anyway, but I did it in three days, so it's possible.

When you say " editing the code was necessary at some points." Do you mean you had to manually code for the runways .... that's the 'achilles heel'

with the editor ... and i've tried w/ notepad++ ... no can do ...

too bad ... i suspect the majority of those attempting to create their local sectors have hit this wall and as a result

it's made for a less robust community imo ...

..continued success!

When you say " editing the code was necessary at some points." Do you mean you had to manually code for the runways .... that's the 'achilles heel'

with the editor ... and i've tried w/ notepad++ ... no can do ...

too bad ... i suspect the majority of those attempting to create their local sectors have hit this wall and as a result

it's made for a less robust community imo ...

..continued success!

No, I didn't need editing the code for the runways, I just needed it to add the airports, to avoid troubles when adding the runways later in the editor. Starting with the example I mentioned, it's easier than it seems. I also needed code editing to add shorelines. I use notepad ++.