The simFlight Network Forums
nixdevelopment

TOPER Tool (Boeing 737NG) - Support

KLM712    0

Hello Nikola,

Today i've purchased this tool and i hope to use it for all my flights with the PMDG 737-800 NGX.

What i don't like is the green colour at the tabs with the grey background. Airport, Rwy, Flap, etc.

Almost unreadable, i think that dark blue, dark red or black against the grey background would look better.

Or just white, like the calculate button.

I hope it's possible to change it in the next update.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ad Ording

The Netherlands

Today i've purchased this tool and i hope to use it for all my flights with the PMDG 737-800 NGX.

What i don't like is the green colour at the tabs with the grey background. Airport, Rwy, Flap, etc.

Almost unreadable, i think that dark blue, dark red or black against the grey background would look better.

Or just white, like the calculate button.

I hope it's possible to change it in the next update.

Dear Ad,

the reason for having green text over grey background is because Boeing designed its OPT (Onboard Performance Tool) that way and TOPER style ended up being the same:

EFB+OPT+on+iPadmed.jpg

I can make a customized color pattern on your request. Please provide me with the color of the text that will suit you the most and I will be more than happy to incorporate it in the new design.

Regards,

Nikola

KLM712    0

Dear Nikola,

Many thanks for you fast reaction.

I can imagine that you design the Toper "as real as it gets".

I've installed Toper on my laptop and when i change the angle of my screen than the "green" color looks better.

But i prefer the color 'white", just like the calculate button. Or like in the fields: Wind, OAT, QNH....

I'm looking forward to it.

Regards,

Ad

atr_42_500    0

Hi.

I have downoaded the program and get an  error. It won't run. I have installed the latest Net Framework but I get this error. I have Win XP

Thanks

post-1778-0-64737500-1404564937.jpg

Hello Mircea,

could you please send me a screen shot or a copy of the text describing the error: please click on What does this error contain? in the error window. 

Sorry for the inconvenience

atr_42_500    0

Thanks again. It is very big list and unhappily I can't copy paste the content. Should I make print screens of everything? I have no ideea about programming so I don't know what to look for. I'll pm you some shots, i don't want to load this topic

QWJavelin    0

Hi sir,

I would like to request support from you for my TOPER Tool for the Boeing 737NG. I have bought my version a few weeks ago and couldn't make it run on my computer so far. Here I report all what I have tried. I have : Windows 7 (french language per default) - 64 bit + TOPER 1.2.0.8 installed with Administrator rights.

:arrow:  When I double-click on the TOPER executable, the TOPER executable shows the "loading screen" but don't run further, as windows shows a pop-up windows with "This programm as ceased running". I don't even get into TOPER.

:arrow:  This happen in all of the subsquent conditions :

>>  Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 FRENCH Language pack freshly downloaded from Microsoft + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>>  Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 FRENCH Language pack freshly downloaded from Microsoft + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel

>>  Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 FRENCH Language pack freshly downloaded from Microsoft + English (United Kingdom) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>>  Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + English (United Kingdom) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + English (United Kingdom) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + English (United Kingdom) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel
>> Windows 7 64bits + .Net Framework 4.0 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 freshly downloaded from Microsoft + .Net Framework 4.5 FRENCH Language pack freshly downloaded from Microsoft + English (United Kingdom) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel + French (France) Regional settings in Windows Control Panel

>>  All of the above conditions again, this time with Compatibility mode set to "Windows XP SP3".
>>  All of the above conditions again, this time launching "As administrator".

:idea:  I have tried to install TOPER 1.2.0.8 on another system and I was able to launch it, register and use it :
>> Windows XP 32 bits + French (France) regional setting in Windows Control Panel + TOPER 1.2.0.8 launched as Administrator + .NET Framework 1.1 + .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 + .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 + .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 + .NET Framework 1.1 + .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

My conclusion is that the portability of the application is somewhat restricted 'cause I see a lot of similar issues in this forum.

Would you mind finding a solution to this problem please ?

Best Regards,
QWJavelin

Dear Javelin,

I have had the issue of NG version failing on other systems and will be uploading a new version for you to try in the next day or so. It should resolve the issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

QWJavelin    0

Thank you. Indeed the 1.3 update solves the problem on startup and I am now able to use normally TOPER. Thank you for your service.

Best regards,

QWJavelin

QWJavelin    0

You're welcome. I am very pleased to state that TOPER gives me approximately the assumed temperature I find by hand doing the airport analysis. I tried to play with the TOW in TOPER and in most part I got concordant results and limitations with what I would have found manually from FCOM charts.

Ok, now I have a reasonable confidence in your software, I can simulate the lazy airline pilot now ! :cool:

GDL9308    0

Hello folks.

I purchased this awesome product today however when I tried dispatch the 737-700 I get the following fatal error. I tried reinstall the product with the update, NET Framework too but it didn't work. This only failed with this model because I tested the other models and works with out any problem.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TOPER_737NG.Form1.btnCalc_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TOPER 737NG
Assembly Version: 1.4.0.2 Win32 Version: 1.4.0.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TOPER%20Calculator%20Tool/B737NG/TOPER%20737NG.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34108 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Indeed there was an error caused by a corrupt database file. For a quick fix please download and copy corrected database files vadj.dat & vadjw.dat into ...\TOPER Calculator Tool\B737NG\data\700 folder.

I will be issuing an update addressing this issue in the next couple of days.

There is also a possibility of calculated Vbeing less than VR, in this case please ignore the calculated V2 and make it equal to VR. This issue will also be fixed in the next update.  

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.