The simFlight Network Forums
Bill Womack

Nantucket Updates

Hi Bill,

While I've been a fan of your work for years - only recently discovered your site... As a HUGE "Wings" fan - I've got the complete DVD collection to prove it - really looking forward to this project... Any more recent status updates ? In P3D one of the runways is missing the ILS system...

Thanks for showing the Northeast some TLC...

Regards,

Scott

I haven't posted an update in a while, but I've been working on completing the airport. There was a new FBO building added since I took my pics in 2010, and I've had to add that, plus I'm doing a lot of tweaks to the ground poly and so forth. I'll try to get another update out soon.

Greetings Bill, I was at 2B2 in the sim this morning and I went to KACK and found that it has been enhanced with Orbx stuff.  Will that interfere with you plans for Nantucket?

Greetings Bill, I was at 2B2 in the sim this morning and I went to KACK and found that it has been enhanced with Orbx stuff.  Will that interfere with you plans for Nantucket?

Not in the slightest. The Orbx freeware updates are nice, and definitely an improvement over the stock. They're no match for a custom-built from the ground up re-creation of the real thing, however. 

Your 3D modeling is very detail indeed. Good job. I can't wait much longer for your Natucket scenery lol it's awesome!

Your the only one that makes these small airports and airstrips. Thanks.

28 minutes ago, Starbuck107 said:

Hello Bill, any updates to Nantucket scenery?

Here's a shot a couple hours ago. The final "clean up the details" trip to actual Nantucket is in progress!  ?

IMG_20160613_094756.jpg

Bill that looks so realistic, amazing work! Looking forward to it's debute Thanks Bill for your contributions to the FSX flying community.

Respectfully,

Starbuck 107

U.S. Navy [Ret]

This is why I didn't get too worked up about their enhancements. ;-)

I was just there a couple of days ago, and it have to admit, it's weird walking around a real-world airport when you've spent so much time modeling it virtually. It's like having your own private VR world - with incredible graphics!

Bill I like your style you take the time to actually go to the real airport and really research your scenery designs that's what a true 3D Modeler Is!

Your 3D Model airport sceneries are top notch quality! No one comes close? I still have your Herons nest scenery and fly there on a regular basis in FSX. Thanks for providing me the link to it .