The simFlight Network Forums

where is the visibility change?

In FS9/FSUIPC I was able to adjust speed of visibility change but that has been discontinued
I am using Active sky next and there is no adjustment - visibility change happens very quickly and unnaturally

where is the visibility change option and how can I adjust it in the new FSUIPC?

In FSUIPC4 (for FSX/P3D) the visibility tab is hidden because the options do not work in FSX. If I remember rightly this is because of bugs in SimConnect.

However, it is possible to show this tab and get the broken options anyway by adding an entry in the .ini file.

A more detailed discussion of this topic with instructions for enabling the tab can be found in the "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" in the "modules\fsuipc documents" folder under your main FSX installation folder.  Look for the section called 'Visibility (optional)'.

Paul

Yes I was able to activate visibility options like they were in old version, but the option to change time it takes for visibility to change is missing.

This is the crucial detail I'm looking for

Pete please please please fix it

TH

mike

Yes I was able to activate visibility options like they were in old version, but the option to change time it takes for visibility to change is missing.

This is the crucial detail I'm looking for

Pete please please please fix it

There is no way -- in FS9 it was done via a direct hack into a part of FS which is no longer there in FSX. 

I really don't understand how you are getting sudden visibility changes in ASN, which works wonderfully for me. It is realistic in every way and I commend HiFi for their achievements. 

Are you sure you are not mixing up entering and exiting clouds (which are precisely placed and known by ASN)  with visibility which is most certainly very smooth here? And even with clouds, those with wispy edges give gradual transition -- the thicker ones with sharper edges are more dramatic, as in real life.

Pete