The simFlight Network Forums

Stuttering pan movement

I'm having problems with stuttering movement of the camera when panning around in the VC. I checked camera movement with P3D's own control function and it works fine, movement is completelly smooth. But as soon as I change back to controlling with FSUIPC, I get the stutter back.

I tried assigning the hat switch to the pan axis, as well as to a button control function for each direction, but the only difference is that with assigning buttons, there's an even longer pause with the first stutter.

I'm using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, over SPAD drivers.

What can I do to make the camera movement go smooth?

I'm having problems with stuttering movement of the camera when panning around in the VC. I checked camera movement with P3D's own control function and it works fine, movement is completelly smooth. But as soon as I change back to controlling with FSUIPC, I get the stutter back.

I tried assigning the hat switch to the pan axis, as well as to a button control function for each direction, but the only difference is that with assigning buttons, there's an even longer pause with the first stutter.

I'm using Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, over SPAD drivers.

What can I do to make the camera movement go smooth?

Assigning a hat as an axis to "Pan view" is the same as assigning in FS/P3D -- it IS the same function, exactly. FSUIPC isn't doing the panning. The only difference in performance will come from the fact that FSUIPC has to send the controls via SimConnect as it does with all of its other functions. Maybe your SimConnect is overwhelmed? The panning is certainly smooth here, in both FSX and P3D.

There is no real button equivalent to "pan view" -- button repetition has an in-built initial delay before repeating in any case because of the need to be able to use a buttin once.

Pete

That was actually my first guess, but with my post not being answered on the P3D forums, for over a year, after mutiple requests, I thought they just skipped my post because they didnt concider it a P3D issue.

So there wasnt much left to look at, since the switch(/yoke) itself already showed to be able to provide a smooth movement.

Thanks for the clarification. :)