The simFlight Network Forums

NHelp To Network This Program On The Client !!!!! Most See !!!!!

Hi folks

the first thing i post here is because i cannot register in their forum from three months till today (no luck).

i was using the PRO ATC X on my server (before deciding to run it through a network, so last night i remove it from my server.

And i have shared my (Z drive which contain FSX fto the laptop) and also i shared the ( complete C drive ) and now i have PRO ATC X and i need to run it through my laptop.

i have follow at least 5 topics on networking the PRO ATC X on a client om thier forum (as a visitor), i install the simconnect (provided in their website) on both the server and the client, (My FSX in basic edition, not deluxe or gold edition) also installed the SDK of my FSX Disk then install SDK a1 the SDK of the ACCELERATION version on the both server and the client also......and everything is done.....

here is the simconnect XML content on the server (usename/--->appdata/--->roaming/--->microsoft/--->fsx) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>Global</Scope>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Address>192.168.1.7
<Port>500</Port>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>Global</Scope>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Address>192.168.1.7
<Port>4506</Port>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

and here is my simconnect cfg on the client laptop (C/--->pro ATC/--->proatcx.exe root) :

[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.1.7
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

also i have set all the paths in the Pro ATC X program correctly and navigate it directly to the LOCAL DISK's which i shared (C & Z).

then open the FSX on the server and open the Pro ATC X on the client i got this massage UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE FSX!.

really i don't know what i need to do in the same time i have seen most of people run it according to these steps without any problem, so i dont know whats going on with my server and client !!!!!!!

sorry for the prolongation and any advice will be very helpful to me.

Note : i have tried to register to post in their support forum but also there a problem in the registration not let me to register.

Thx.

i was using the PRO ATC X on my server (before deciding to run it through a network, so last night i remove it from my server.

And i have shared my (Z drive which contain FSX fto the laptop) and also i shared the ( complete C drive ) and now i have PRO ATC X and i need to run it through my laptop.

i have follow at least 5 topics on networking the PRO ATC X on a client om thier forum (as a visitor), i install the simconnect (provided in their website) on both the server and the client, (My FSX in basic edition, not deluxe or gold edition) also installed the SDK of my FSX Disk then install SDK a1 the SDK of the ACCELERATION version on the both server and the client also......and everything is done.....

I think much of that is completely unnecessary in any case. Certainly there is no need to install SimConnect on the FS PC as it is installed with FS. And I'm pretty sure nothing needs the SDK. Not sure why you installed that anywhere.

Your SimConnect.xml file has errors in two of the lines. You are evidently not copying stuff so well? Both lines like this

<Address>192.168.1.7

need to be like this:

<Address>192.168.1.7</Address>

Apart from that, sorry, I'm unable to help.

Pete

I think much of that is completely unnecessary in any case. Certainly there is no need to install SimConnect on the FS PC as it is installed with FS. And I'm pretty sure nothing needs the SDK. Not sure why you installed that anywhere.

Your SimConnect.xml file has errors in two of the lines. You are evidently not copying stuff so well? Both lines like this

<Address>192.168.1.7

need to be like this:

<Address>192.168.1.7</Address>

Apart from that, sorry, I'm unable to help.

Pete

and what kind of help,,i followed what you say and add <Address>192.168.1.7</Address>,, yes it work, thank you so much for this help and the previous helps.

big thanks for you man.

thanks pete.

looooooooooooooooool.