The simFlight Network Forums

Axis calibration problem

I have FSUIPC v4.934 installed and this problem does not occur in FSX only P3D.

The axis of one of my PFC quadrant controls is not recognised in the calibration section. Some times it's mixture 2, at the moment it's mixture 1. Though it has been one of the prop controls. But only ever one at a time.

The thing I find puzzling is that the axis is recognised in the axis allocation section.

Could you please point me in the right direction to fined a cause/solution for this.

Thank you.

Roger

Edited by Tuisong

I have FSUIPC v4.934 installed and this problem does not occur in FSX only P3D.

The axis of one of my PFC quadrant controls is not recognised in the calibration section. Some times it's mixture 2, at the moment it's mixture 1. Though it has been one of the prop controls. But only ever one at a time.

The thing I find puzzling is that the axis is recognised in the axis allocation section.

Could you please point me in the right direction to fined a cause/solution for this.

There's no possible cause I could imagine, and there's certainly no difference in this area between FSUIPC or PFCFSX.DLL whatsoever between FSX and P3D. Maybe there's some bug in P3D, but I'd need more information to help narrow it down. First, though, are you using the PFCFSX.DLL assignments for the quadrant, or FSUIPC? There's a significant difference of course! Generally it is all done in PFCFSX's menus.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply.

Everything is done through FSUIPC. I have to admit that I didn't even know that there was such a thing as PFCFSX's menus.  :oops: 

While I have have been using the the quadrant and FSUIPC for years, this has only become apparent since I recently switched to P3D.

Cheers

Roger

Everything is done through FSUIPC. I have to admit that I didn't even know that there was such a thing as PFCFSX's menus.  :oops: 

While I have have been using the the quadrant and FSUIPC for years, this has only become apparent since I recently switched to P3D.

Sorry, I don't understand. Are you saying you are using a PFC quadrant WITHOUT installing and configuring PFCFSX.DLL?  If so it must be some new version of their quadrant, because the only one i know about is a serial device, possibly with a USB adaption (but looking like a COMn device in Windows) which needs PFCFSX.DLL as its FSX/PFC driver

If it is a pure USB device and looks like that in Windows then your problem certainly isn't anything to do with my software, so please ignore what I said before.

Pete

Sorry, I don't understand. Are you saying you are using a PFC quadrant WITHOUT installing and configuring PFCFSX.DLL?  If so it must be some new version of their quadrant, because the only one i know about is a serial device, possibly with a USB adaption (but looking like a COMn device in Windows) which needs PFCFSX.DLL as its FSX/PFC driver

If it is a pure USB device and looks like that in Windows then your problem certainly isn't anything to do with my software, so please ignore what I said before.

Pete

Could you please tell me where I can look for this PFCFSX.DLL or menu? I didn't install it. Maybe it was installed by Windows when it detected the quadrant. All I did was plug it in. Sorry if I sound nieve, I am. I have no knowledge of programming and if I can't find a button to click, I'm in trouble. That's one of the reasons why I love your programme so much.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Roger

Could you please tell me where I can look for this PFCFSX.DLL or menu? I didn't install it. Maybe it was installed by Windows when it detected the quadrant. All I did was plug it in.

If you installed it and used it without my PFCFSX driver, then it is not a serial port quadrant, but some new one I know nothing about. So you do not need any of my software. Your support is PFC themselves.

It is just that I have never seen nor heard of such a PFC quadrant. It must be a recent product. They don't keep me in the loop these days.

Pete

I've done a clean install of P3D v2.3 and your latest v of FSUIPC. Every thing seems fine now. Fingers crossed. So I don't know what that was all about. Mind you, anything to do with computers is a mystery to me.

It is just that I have never seen nor heard of such a PFC quadrant. It must be a recent product. They don't keep me in the loop these days.

Pete

I bought it four years ago.

Thanks again for your help and time, I know how valuable it is. And thanks too for a great programme.

Cheers

Roger