The simFlight Network Forums

Install problem

I have experienced problems with  FSUIPC4.I purchaced the program and continued with the install program?? I have been attempting to us this program with Angle of Attack flight school ; I looking to the FSUIPC4 program and can't find the following FSUIPC.Loader,FSUIPC4.dll and FSUIPC4.ini ?? I look into the FSUIPC4 install and I get " FAILED TO PLACE FSUIPC4.DLL INTO FOLDER AS C:PROGRAM FILES(X86)\

MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\MODULES\FSUIPC4.DLL?? tHE SET UP IS STILL LOOKING IN HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP ,THE REGISTRY FOR PREPAR3D INSTALL PATH,HKEY_LOCAl_machine\software\lockheedmartin\prepar3d parameter setuppathand four other hkey current_user ,hkey_local machine software and hkey_current_user\prepar3Dv2 parameter AppPath NOT FOUND I do not know where to go,??? Can any one advise me direct me to an area to rectify this abortion?? Help Please

I have experienced problems with  FSUIPC4.I purchaced the program and continued with the install program?? I have been attempting to us this program with Angle of Attack flight school ; I looking to the FSUIPC4 program and can't find the following FSUIPC.Loader,FSUIPC4.dll and FSUIPC4.ini ?? I look into the FSUIPC4 install and I get " FAILED TO PLACE FSUIPC4.DLL INTO FOLDER AS C:PROGRAM FILES(X86)\

MICROSOFT GAMES\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\MODULES\FSUIPC4.DLL?? tHE SET UP IS STILL LOOKING IN HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP ,THE REGISTRY FOR PREPAR3D INSTALL PATH,HKEY_LOCAl_machine\software\lockheedmartin\prepar3d parameter setuppathand four other hkey current_user ,hkey_local machine software and hkey_current_user\prepar3Dv2 parameter AppPath NOT FOUND I do not know where to go,??? Can any one advise me direct me to an area to rectify this abortion?? Help Please

I'm afraid I cannot make head nor tail of your message. If you have an install problem it is likely that your Registry is not correctly pointing to the FSX or P3D location. I need to see the Install log produced by the FSUIPC installer. Paste in into a message here -- use the <> button above the edit area to eclose the text from the file.

In case you cannot find the log file, just save the log from the screen copy of the log by using the entry in its File menu.

Pete

Hello, Thanks for your response, sorry if I were not able to be more descriptive of my problems? In any event I can't install controls into FSUIPC4,it appears as if the inputs are functioning ,however when I attempt to test the setting just installed nothing works??

Hello, Thanks for your response, sorry if I were not able to be more descriptive of my problems? In any event I can't install controls into FSUIPC4,it appears as if the inputs are functioning ,however when I attempt to test the setting just installed nothing works??

"Install controls"? Do you mean assign buttons? If you cannot "install controls" how do you test the controls which are not "installed"?

Have you referred to the user guide?

If you have installed FSUIPC4 okay (your first message appeared as if you couldn't even install the program!), then, every time you run FSX, a Log file, called FSUIPC4.LOG, will be created in your FSX Modules folder. Please find that, and the FSUIPC4.INI file, and paste the text from both into a message here -- use the <> button above the edit area to contain them.

And please actuaslly explain what you are doing. I don't even know what you mean by "install controls".

Pete

I am involved with the "Angle Of Attack 737Flight School" I am attempting to install controls on the joy stick such as Elevator trim up & down automatic pilot buttons on the joy stick? This is a small example of installing controls as mentioned above? Angle of Attack is not able to advise me in rectifying this problem, and advises me only to contact you forum site??  I have attempted a lot of recommendations but have not be able to install the control section??? Is there any way to test FSUIPC4 on my computer to confirm that I indeed have downloaded this program correctly ?? Thanks again for your help . h_whybrow@msn.com

I am involved with the "Angle Of Attack 737Flight School" I am attempting to install controls on the joy stick such as Elevator trim up & down automatic pilot buttons on the joy stick? This is a small example of installing controls as mentioned above? Angle of Attack is not able to advise me in rectifying this problem, and advises me only to contact you forum site??  I have attempted a lot of recommendations but have not be able to install the control section???

The problem I have is in understanding your words. "Install the control section" means nothing to me. You use the word "install" very frequently and I don't know how you are using it. I am trying to understand whether you really mean "assign the control" or not.

In your first message, which was quite honestly a complete meaningless jumble, there were parts in it referring to a failure to actually run the FSUIPC4 Installer correctly. This needs clarifying. Have you downloaded the complete FSUIPC package (and it should be version 4.936 now as I support no older one for FSX), and then read the Installation document inside the ZIP? That's the first step.

Tell me when you've done the first step and we'll proceed.

BTW I am out from 3pm UTC today until Sunday, and then again from Thursday 28th August until 7th September. 

Is there any way to test FSUIPC4 on my computer to confirm that I indeed have downloaded this program correctly ??

Downloading the ZIP does not install the program. It will not work until it is installed.

If it is installed, then, as very clearly documented, there will be an Add Ons menu entry named FSUIPC in the FS menu bar when you are ready to fly. It is there where you start doing things like assigning controls -- but you can only do that if you have purchased a registration code and registered FSUIPC4 when installing it.

Full documentation is supplied and installed with the product. I would very strongly recommend you actually have a look at it.

Pete