The simFlight Network Forums

How to distribute FSUIPC SDK

Hi,

I've written a free tool to calculate mass (weight) quote for FSX and Acceleration, using Excel. I've used the FSUIPC SDK for FSX, the VB version.

To distribute the spreadsheet, I'm explaining to users that they must download the SDK then copy the whole code in a VBA module due to the Copyright.

=> The question is: can I let the SDK code in the Excel file and distribute it with the code within?

@Chris Brett (SDK author): I've sent an email to you but it has been returned with an error.

@Pete Dowson: I've sent a detailed email to you too to explain a bit more things.

Please feel free to PM me or via the forum or in this topic.

And thank you a lot for those great tools  :)

I've written a free tool to calculate mass (weight) quote for FSX and Acceleration, using Excel. I've used the FSUIPC SDK for FSX, the VB version.

To distribute the spreadsheet, I'm explaining to users that they must download the SDK then copy the whole code in a VBA module due to the Copyright.

=> The question is: can I let the SDK code in the Excel file and distribute it with the code within?

@Chris Brett (SDK author): I've sent an email to you but it has been returned with an error.

@Pete Dowson: I've sent a detailed email to you too to explain a bit more things.

Please feel free to PM me or via the forum or in this topic.

And thank you a lot for those great tools  :)

Surely you don't need all of the SDK, documents, multiple language packs etc. What component are you talking about here?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Explanations are here: http://flightsimulations.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/ulm-installation/

In 2 words: I need only the VB code of FSUIPC_SDK.zip -> UIPC_SDK_VisualBasic.zip -> FSUIPC.bas that I put in an Excel Module; that's all.

Thank you in advance for your approval please.

PS: that's in that module that I had found the old email address of Chris Brett ->

' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
' Visual Basic <-> FSUIPC/WideFS Communication Version 1.005
' Copyright © 2000 Chris Brett. All rights reserved.
' e-mail: chris AT formulate.clara.net
'
' FUNCTION LIBRARY FOR FSUIPC
' based on C code supplied by Pete Dowson
'
' PLEASE NOTE:
' Visual Basic is not my primary programming language. There may well be
' syntax or other inefficiencies in this port of the code. If you find any.........

I need only the VB code of FSUIPC_SDK.zip -> FUIPC_SDK_VisualBasic.zip -> FSUIPC.bas that I put in an Excel Module; that's all.

Don't you need it compiled -- or is a "BAS" file ready executable?

There's really no problem using anything in the SDK -- that's what it is for. Even those parts not originated by myself were donated freely.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...