The simFlight Network Forums

Using networked computer to run FSCommander with FSX

Hi,

I am running PMDG 737ng on a 4 screen set-up on windows 7 and would like to run FS commander on a seperate laptop interfaced with the PMDG. I believe that I can purchase FSUIPC and Wide FS to acheive this?

Would you please advise the following:

1/ Can I purchase the items as a single package?

2/ Is there a instrucion manual and how easy is it to install and set Up with limited IT skills?

3/ Any tips would be gratefully received particularly in respect of running specifically with the PMDG737-800NG?

4/ Would it run ok with windows 8 installed on my laptop but windows 7 on my desktop?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am running PMDG 737ng on a 4 screen set-up on windows 7 and would like to run FS commander on a seperate laptop interfaced with the PMDG. I believe that I can purchase FSUIPC and Wide FS to acheive this?

Would you please advise the following:

1/ Can I purchase the items as a single package?

2/ Is there a instrucion manual and how easy is it to install and set Up with limited IT skills?

3/ Any tips would be gratefully received particularly in respect of running specifically with the PMDG737-800NG?

4/ Would it run ok with windows 8 installed on my laptop but windows 7 on my desktop?

Thanks.

1. Yes, SimMarket offer both registration keys for less outlay than if you purchase them separately. You still do two downloads though.

2. Of course documentation for FSUIPC and WideFS is included in the ZIPs. You can download them both and install them and look at the documentation BEFORE you sepnd any money if you have doubts.

I can't comment of how easy it is to set FSCommander up, as I don't use it. Maybe that is documented too?

3. Sorry, I don't have FSC or the NGX.

4. WideFs runs best if all computers are in the same workgroup. I don't know if Win8's default workgroup name is the same as Win7's (WinXPs was not), but that's easy enough to change. Computers in the network must all be running WinXP, Vista, 7 or 8. Earlier than XP is no longer supported.

Pete