The simFlight Network Forums

Setting a Higher Idle Point (Mixture/spoiler axis)

Hi Pete

I've purchased the Saitek TQ and would love some help with a problem I have on the mixture/ spoiler axis.

I would like to set it up so that the full range of the mixture (16xxx to -16xxx) output to FSX as 100%-2%. Essentially when the physical lever at -16383 (0%) i'd like the fsx to be slightly above so they don't cutoff. I'd like to do similar with the spoiler axis so i can simulate flight idle accurately. 

Is this possible? 

I've read through the FAQ guide, and googled  but I can't find exactly what i'm after.

Thanks in advance, 

Cameron.

... when the physical lever at -16383 (0%) i'd like the fsx to be slightly above so they don't cutoff.

Just edit the calibration line in the [JoystickCalibration] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file, after calibrating normally. You'll find it in the Modules folder. A typical entry looks like this:

Aileron=-16128,-2304,-256,15615

The numbers are those directly saved from the calibration tab in the options screen -- i.e. minimum, low centre, high centre, maximum.  Change the first number (eg -16383) to a lower value, one which the actual input cannot reach (eg -16800). The lower that value the further away from idle will be the calibrated back position. Same can apply to the last number, for the maximum position. Of course if you have the axis reversed in FSUIPC the ends would be swapped over.

Pete

Thanks Pete, Works a treat  :razz:

I've got a new problem. I'm trying to use a lua file to toggle the ignition switches. Here's my setup.   Is this right?

In the log i'm noticing the lua script is missing from the starting everything now 

92875 LUA.0: Loading FSXOzPlug
    92875 LUA.0: Setting up socket
    92875 LUA.0: FSXOzplug running .....

Should I also see my two other Lua files here Dynamic Friction and DukeEngineS?

I can't get a proper log out of FSUIPC. After I exit the Logging menu all the checkbox turn off. 

Cheers

Edited by internerd

I've got a new problem. I'm trying to use a lua file to toggle the ignition switches. Here's my setup.   Is this right?

In the log i'm noticing the lua script is missing from the starting everything now 

What do you mean "missing from the starting everything now"?  Lua scripts aren't listed in the log, and I don't know what you mean the "the starting everything now"?

92875 LUA.0: Loading FSXOzPlug

92875 LUA.0: Setting up socket

92875 LUA.0: FSXOzplug running ...

..These are messages from some Lua script you are running. They are not from FSUIPC itself.

Should I also see my two other Lua files here Dynamic Friction and DukeEngineS?

No, not unless you are explicitly logging them or they log messages themselves. Why do you think the log should show everything which happens? It would get huge on some folks systems!

I can't get a proper log out of FSUIPC.

Sorry, I don't understand. What's a "proper log" in your opinion?

After I exit the Logging menu all the checkbox turn off. 

Please explain what you are talking about. The logging tab merely reflects the logging options you've selected. They are saved in the INI file.

I've really no idea whatsoever about what problem you think you have nor why you are so weirdly concerned about the log. Perhaps if you'd explain the problem instead it would help?

This is what the log is showing

360782 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=2, Pressed

360782 [Buttons] 1=P0,2,CL1:C,17

360797 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=2, Released

That is what it will show if you enable Button logging and press a button. What is wrong with that? What is your point?

Pete

Pete,

I'm trying to get the ignition (17 Left Switch (Cycle) switch to work via Buttons+Switches tab. I found the Lua script and set it to parameter 17. But nothing happens. I'd like some help in getting the switch working. Where am I going wrong. 

I included the log because i thought it might help you. I wasn't sure if those logs were normal and I was just checking. I'm sorry if I was unclear. The logging options are now working fine. 

I'm trying to get the ignition (17 Left Switch (Cycle) switch to work via Buttons+Switches tab. I found the Lua script and set it to parameter 17. But nothing happens. I'd like some help in getting the switch working. Where am I going wrong. 

I included the log because i thought it might help you. I wasn't sure if those logs were normal and I was just checking. I'm sorry if I was unclear. The logging options are now working fine. 

The problem I would have is that I don't know the Lua plug-in you are trying to use. Why would you need a plug-in to operate a cockpit switch in the first place? Isn't it supported in the normal way?

Checking the Lua plug-in you mentioned, it seems parameter 17 should cause this section to run:

if ipcPARAM == 17 then -- Cycle
        LVarSet = "L:ignSwL"
if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 1  then
val = 0
end
if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 0  then
val = 2
end
if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 2  then
val = 1
end
ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, val)
end

so, just monitor the L:Vars and see if that one is changing. You can list LVars in the Log by assigning to the FSUIPC-added control to do that, or you can simply have the Lua plug-in running to log Lvars live, as they change. That one is supplied in the Lua examples ZIP in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

Finally, to see exactly what the plug in is doing you can switch on the Lua trace/debug option in FSUIPC's logging tab. That shows the line number of every step of every Lua as it is executed, and the values on any global variables, like "LVarSet" and "val" in the section of code above.

Pete