The simFlight Network Forums

Commanding Idle Reverse

Hey guys, I have a registered FSUIPC and I was wondering if it was possible to assign a button on Saitek throttle to a particular engine Idle REV application. One per engine perhaps? I have Idle .lua's setup but an idle rev option would be great. 

Basically I would like to apply full reverse via saitek lever in reverse detent, then when button is released command Idle reverse. The .lua scripts for a slow retraction of the reversers to ground idle is hit and miss. Sometimes the amount of time varies from each landing and I haven't seen any consistency. 

I am wondering if idle reverse button would be easier. 

Angelo 

Hey guys, I have a registered FSUIPC and I was wondering if it was possible to assign a button on Saitek throttle to a particular engine Idle REV application. One per engine perhaps? I have Idle .lua's setup but an idle rev option would be great. 

Basically I would like to apply full reverse via saitek lever in reverse detent, then when button is released command Idle reverse

Just program button press to ThrottleN set, with a parameter of -4096, and button release to the same control but with a parameter of 0. (N here is the engine number, 1-4).

Pete

Okay that sort of works, when I activate reverse it deploys minimum reverse instead of full. I want to be able to have my physical lever engage max reverse then when the lever (button) is released go into idle rev, then idle. Right now it just goes idle rev, then button released --> idle.

Maybe parameter -4096 needs to be further decreased? I also unticked the "Control to repeat when held" however it makes no difference with checked or not.

The actual proportion used is determined in the Aircraft.CFG file. I've never seen one configured for more than 25% thrust for full reverse, many are less. But you can of course try any value down to -16383.

Pete

Will try when I get home, is there a way to control the rate at which the reverse idles? I know I may be asking a bit much, or it might be as simple as 1,2,3. It would be nice to have a somewhat realistic spool-down from med / high reverse, to idle rev, then full idle and vacate the runway.

Angelo

is there a way to control the rate at which the reverse idles? I know I may be asking a bit much, or it might be as simple as 1,2,3. It would be nice to have a somewhat realistic spool-down from med / high reverse, to idle rev, then full idle and vacate the runway.

I don't think FS simulates "idle reverse". Idle = 0 thrust, -ve thrust =reverse, +ve thrust = forward. Maybe some add-ons make out they are doing idle reverse, graphically, but it's all 0 for the actual sim engine.

Pete